Revolver VS Auto - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Revolver VS Auto

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I prefer these....

Dan Wesson and Colt... Very nice!!!

I prefer these....

Good looking guns. I have a Python that I bought in 1975. Of all my revolvers it is my favorite.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This is subject to change, but I've never owned a revolver. I like semi autos, and although I am aware that the problems that affect them don't apply to revolvers, I don't see myself switching away from semi autos any time soon, if ever.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

damn, those are beautiful guns posted by jay. Having said that, I prefer a semi auto but mainly due to size. I have only 1 revolver, a gp100, which is large to carry concealed. In Nv I can carry concealed or open (must have permit to carry concealed) but I prefer concealed and the xd works better for that. Still, I love the ruger for plain old shooting.

For several years I only had a revolver. Now the 1911 addiction has resulted in a safe filled with auto pistols.

I've heard all the discourse regarding semi-autos and their problems, and the trouble of flicking a safety off, and fewer rounds and alll that...... but I've carried a 1911 for over 35 years, without any of those problems. My revolvers have also been trouble free. That's why I posted the pics.. (thanks for the knd words) I/we get to play with both revolvers AND semi-autos..... and play.... and play..... matter of fact, I think I'll just have a range day today... later, folks.....
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    FYI, if you have a round in the chamber, and pull the trigger, the semi-auto pistol will go boom. It may not cycle the next round if it is pressed against something.
    Not necessarily true if the gun is out of battery, possibly due to pressure against the muzzle during a scuffle.

I prefer these....

Ooooooo Shiny
    Glock Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer
    UTAH: 1 Florida:1 NH:1 Nevada:0 California:1 PA:1

Quote Originally Posted by jim fox View Post
    Not necessarily true if the gun is out of battery, possibly due to pressure against the muzzle during a scuffle.
    True. Just for the sake of argument, UNLOAD a semi auto, place it in your strong hand. With your weak hand, try to push the slide back while holding on to the muzzle.
    Interesting questions.
    Perhaps open new topics about weapon retention, and disarming a perpetrator?

Quote Originally Posted by gschoelles View Post
    Ooooooo Shiny
    My Colt Detective and S&W j frame are both shiny LOL. The Mauser is not.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast