Revolver VS Auto
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revolver VS Auto

Revolver VS Auto

I was just sitting here and I thought I would stir up things. Yea, I know I can be a trouble maker. How many revolver fans vs Automatic fans do we have here and why. Why would you choose one over the other? I don't want to get into caliber just type.

Personnally I'm a revolver fam, although I carry both depending on type of dress. The revolver I know most likely will go bang when I pull the trigger. I don't have to worry about ftf or fte problems. Or in the middle of a firefight clearing a a stove pipe. It's simple to use for those us with a simple mind, but that's another thread. LOL

Also do you think it matters ( revolver vs auto ) for someone who is a novice

So guys and gals, what do you perfer?

Quote Originally Posted by wingman883 View Post
    I was just sitting here and I thought I would stir up things. Yea, I know I can be a trouble maker. How many revolver fans vs Automatic fans do we have here and why. Why would you choose one over the other? I don't want to get into caliber just type.

Personnally I'm a revolver fam, although I carry both depending on type of dress. The revolver I know most likely will go bang when I pull the trigger. I don't have to worry about ftf or fte problems. Or in the middle of a firefight clearing a a stove pipe. It's simple to use for those us with a simple mind, but that's another thread. LOL

Also do you think it matters ( revolver vs auto ) for someone who is a novice

So guys and gals, what do you perfer?
    Hey wingman... There is actually a poll about this;

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...automatic.html

LOL I do both. It dempands on what I am wearing as to what I carry. My
    S&W j frame is my fave to OC in the hot weather. The only problem I have is that at times I must be very careful not to have it fall out. Did that once in the tomato patch.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

JSDinTexas Guest
    I have a revolver but can hardly find caps for it anymore.

But I did hear my CHL instructor say that a revolver will shoot faster than an semi-automatic, and that did get my attention.

6. It's wonderful having 13-15 rounds in my Glock. I have to say I'vehad 1 stovepipe occur in multiple thousands of rounds downrange. I've found the Glock platform very dependable, across the 20,22 and 26 models. I recently took a class at TR and Clint Smith said that the dis-advantage of having a good pistol is that you never get a chance to practice clearing malfunctions...someone with a lousy pistol is a pro at malfunction clearing because they have to do it all the time. The only real time I've seen frequent malfunctions is when I've set them up during a class. I have to say attending TR is an absolutely outstanding experience. Clint is very personable, extremely knowledgeable and great teacher and coach. It's located in a beautiful location and is in immaculate condition. Every time I go I look forward to his lecture the first day of class. You have to listen close and write fast to catch all of the really cool, pithy things he says.
    Anyway, I haven't shot revolver a lot, but feel confident in trusting my life on my Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by lprmcnit View Post
    It's wonderful having 13-15 rounds in my Glock. I have to say I'vehad 1 stovepipe occur in multiple thousands of rounds downrange. I've found the Glock platform very dependable, across the 20,22 and 26 models. I recently took a class at TR and Clint Smith said that the dis-advantage of having a good pistol is that you never get a chance to practice clearing malfunctions...someone with a lousy pistol is a pro at malfunction clearing because they have to do it all the time. The only real time I've seen frequent malfunctions is when I've set them up during a class. I have to say attending TR is an absolutely outstanding experience. Clint is very personable, extremely knowledgeable and great teacher and coach. It's located in a beautiful location and is in immaculate condition. Every time I go I look forward to his lecture the first day of class. You have to listen close and write fast to catch all of the really cool, pithy things he says.
    Anyway, I haven't shot revolver a lot, but feel confident in trusting my life on my Glock.
    I wonder if TR has a USA CARRY troll discount available?

8. I just remembered one other thing we talked about...with a semi automatic pistol there is the "out of battery" issue.....if you are up close and personal (touching) with a BG a revolver may be needed because the semi auto won't function. So maybe the answer to carry both, and use each in the appropriate environment.

Quote Originally Posted by lprmcnit View Post
    I just remembered one other thing we talked about...with a semi automatic pistol there is the "out of battery" issue.....if you are up close and personal (touching) with a BG a revolver may be needed because the semi auto won't function. So maybe the answer to carry both, and use each in the appropriate environment.
    FYI, if you have a round in the chamber, and pull the trigger, the semi-auto pistol will go boom. It may not cycle the next round if it is pressed against something.

FYI, if you grab the cylinder on a revolver and hold it, it will not cock, nor fire.

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    FYI, if you have a round in the chamber, and pull the trigger, the semi-auto pistol will go boom. It may not cycle the next round if it is pressed against something.

FYI, if you grab the cylinder on a revolver and hold it, it will not cock, nor fire.
    If your close enough to grab my gun, I may just opt to hit you with it instead -
    Glock Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer
    UTAH: 1 Florida:1 NH:1 Nevada:0 California:1 PA:1

I prefer these....

Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast