My challenge to all of you

Thread: My challenge to all of you

Exclamation My challenge to all of you

Please start a thread with an original gun related topic...something as easy as field stripping a glock or as complex as setting headspace in a long range rifle. Let's see how many of us have the stuff!
    BTW my contribution to this all is using what you have in the CCW part of the forum.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Safety

Done

I'm not a big thread starter, but I will be on the educational lookout for unsuspecting gun owners in and traveling to New Jersey!

Pick yer firearm.... any firearm....

... next time you pick up one of your firearms, take an objective look at it. I'm impressed by imagining the thought processes that must have occurred to design and build one. Presently, a designer can program a CNC machine and develop a prototype on a computer, but 50 years ago, there were some very impressive skill sets out there, producing many outstanding firearms. The heritage of firearm history is very much worth preserving....

Just sayin'
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

I like the history behind the designs. Who the men were that designed them and why.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    ... next time you pick up one of your firearms, take an objective look at it. I'm impressed by imagining the thought processes that must have occurred to design and build one. Presently, a designer can program a CNC machine and develop a prototype on a computer, but 50 years ago, there were some very impressive skill sets out there, producing many outstanding firearms. The heritage of firearm history is very much worth preserving....

Just sayin'
    You think that's impressive??

According to the John Browning biography that was written by one of his grand kids that I read, JMB was notorious for designing a gun IN HIS HEAD and then fine tuning it with the prototype. He'd bring parts home with him when he went to lunch (or supper) and would sit there playing with them at the table. Maybe playing was a bad choice of terms. He would sit there manipulating the parts against each other just like he intended them to work in the action- almost like he was getting them acquainted with their intended jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by KathleenElsie View Post
    I like the history behind the designs. Who the men were that designed them and why.
    Kathleen, check out my new thread "Read any good books lately?" You might be interested in the one that I purchased for my husband and oldest son!
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.