Brinks Home "Security" Commercials - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brinks Home "Security" Commercials

1. I have 2/4 legged meat grinders. Both are not as good as geese but bark at anything not right.

I have APX security. They are great--police response however is not so great.
    I live in the area with the highest crime in the state. Only once has my alarm gone off when I wasn't home. APX called me on my cell and alerted the police. I got home about 45 minutes after the call. House was ok--I walked in and cleared it myself and called police dispatch. Dispatch said that for home alarms they just let the cops in the area know and when they have time they will come by and check it out.
    So I know I can't rely on LE so I've made my house real secure,have APX alarm Co, and got a decent gun safe plus 2 other safes for papers and other valuables.
    I feel I've done the best I can but still looking for ways to improve security.
    But I agree with others--when I'm home--I am the security

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I have 2/4 legged meat grinders. Both are not as good as geese but bark at anything not right.
    I have 2 Huskies, the male is 115 pounds of fur and teeth. They don't bark, but will tear a new one to anyone what don't belong in "their" back yard. My wife has some kind of strange little indoor critter, that the best I can tell is a cross between a ferret and a Chihuahua. It barks at any and everything.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Security system affordability

I have a security system and my insurance company pays for it!
    The break they gave me on homeowners insurance covers my system and fees to the penny. It is nice piece of mind and the company has an excellent response time. I am the security when I am home, but when the wife is home alone, I like the idea of her having a panic button that cannot be recalled until the cops arrive. Like I said, My insurance company pays for it with the break they give for a system and you can't pass up free stuff!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

security

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    I have a security system and my insurance company pays for it!
    The break they gave me on homeowners insurance covers my system and fees to the penny. It is nice piece of mind and the company has an excellent response time. I am the security when I am home, but when the wife is home alone, I like the idea of her having a panic button that cannot be recalled until the cops arrive. Like I said, My insurance company pays for it with the break they give for a system and you can't pass up free stuff!

By the time you deduct the savings from the insurance company it makes it hard to justify not having one. I not only have an alarm system but bars on the windows and doors. I did not chose the Key Fobs with the panic button but rather the ones without because I have a bad habit of hitting the panic button by mistake myself. My wife and I are both well armend however so our panic button is our finger on the trigger.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I have to take full responsibility for my family's safety and security. I would not trust a alarm company with that task. I guess an alarmed home would be better than nothing, if I were not at home. Let a BG enter my dwelling with intent to do harm, and it will be the biggest and also the last mistake he makes.
    An armed society is a polite society.

we have a good response time by phone in my neighborhood from the home security companies and when they can not contact you dipatching the police quickly, but in a emegency I doubt that is quick enough. security systems are just a layer of protectin, maybe keeps lazy BG away. But I am always prepared to defend the home front or any were else for that matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12