Brinks Home "Security" Commercials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brinks Home "Security" Commercials

Brinks Home "Security" Commercials

<vent>
    OK, I'm sitting here tonight, watching Outdoor Network, and a Brinks commercial comes on the TV. They freaking get under my skin! This isn't the commercial I saw tonight, but it's the same basic idea - BG tries to break in, hears the alarm, runs away - Brinks calls, and everyone is "safe"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ku1YOrxXeQ

How about you break in my house, you WILL BE SHOT! No questions asked.

</vent>
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

I have a security system in my home. I got mine through our telephone company and it's been worth every penny spent. We started having a rash of break in's in our area. People were hit all around me luckily I never was. I think just the sign in the front deterred a few. When I'm at home I'm my own security. It's when I leave the house that I worry and that extra level of security works.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I love those comercials

Every time one comes on I comment at the end something like:"Or that could double-tap him in the chest and when Brinks calls they can say,'Yeah,we're fine,but send the police to pick up the trash.'"
    She gets tired of hearing it,but I keep saying it.
    :p
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

I'd be surprised if any of the local alarm companies respond to the tripped alarm. I've seen police dispatched to businesses, but have yet to see a prompt response to a residence. I've seen one response by the alarm company, it took them over 45 minutes to show up in a compact sedan with flashing yellow lights. What a joke.

I have an alarm system in my home. I wouldn't count on them to do anything other than "deter" with the signs, cameras etc. It does help on my homeowners insurance though.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Who needs Brinks?

I've got a commercial video from some gun store in Utah (and I can't seem to copy to share, probably because of it's size; so visualize here...) that shows a young, pretty girl at home alone, late one night. Some BG breaks into her house with bad intents and she calls 911. They reply that that the police will be there in a minute. She says, "I haven't got a minute!" and proceedes to empty a drum from a full auto AK into him. Cool, huh???
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Clarification:

I do not mean to say that alarm systems are bad, I have one myself. Like Redhat said - it is for when I'm NOT at home, plus I too have had several breakin's in the neighborhood, and none in mine - and i have to think that the sign in the yard has helped. But when I'm home, I am not going to rely on an alarm system to scare off any bad guys.
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

8. Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    I've got a commercial video from some gun store in Utah (and I can't seem to copy to share, probably because of it's size; so visualize here...) that shows a young, pretty girl at home alone, late one night. Some BG breaks into her house with bad intents and she calls 911. They reply that that the police will be there in a minute. She says, "I haven't got a minute!" and proceedes to empty a drum from a full auto AK into him. Cool, huh???
    I love that wish we could see that on TV! Which brings up the question why are there no firearms commercials on TV other than during some of the shooting shows. I guess I know why but still would like to see a couple now and then.
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

I've seen that Brinks commercial while watching Personal Def TV and it is so out of place..BG kicks in door and liberal family cowers behind the bed because they choose not to own any firearms, as they rely on OTHERS to protect them.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

My son owns his own security company and I work with him. When we talk to someone about their security system will often tell them that a security system is just one layer of protection. We talk to them about their locks and what kind works best and we also recomend that they consider a fire arm for their personal defence and take the CHL course. By the way those large security companies charge way to much so they can pay for all that advertising.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

my wife had a home alarm system go off at a house she was working at right after one of the owners left, owner must of turned it on or something while my wife was still there anyways the security place calls on the phone as my wife is on her cell calling the husband for the code the security place hangs up and acouple of minutes later heres two officers at the door, I don't beleave it took to long for them to get there. they could tell they were not needed after seeing just my wife there cleaning. are house we have two GSD'S and normally pretty quite area we live in. and motion lights front and side of house. but like you will all say you can never be to safe.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast