Cleaning and lubercating agents - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning and lubercating agents

I've used Break Free (CLP) since 1987 and still use it today. The thing I like most is that CLP will continue to clean even after you have cleaned your guns. I take my safe queens out every month and wipe them down with an oiled rag. CLP will continue to pull the carbon build up and copper flakes up as you cant get them all when cleaning. IMO this is the best stuff to use. Black powder I use Hot water and then butter and oil on inside and out.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

3. Are there any aerosol solvents that are safe on plastic parts? I have a M&P compact that I would like to have a spray solvent to get into the tiny spaces without having to break it down completely. Anyone use the breakfree powder blast on the plastic guns?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    Anyone use the breakfree powder blast on the plastic guns?
    Sue me for being to lazy to check, but I believe thats what I have in my kit. If so the can specifies not to get it on the plastic parts of your gun. The XD's break down to easy to be lazy and not tear them down to clean, so I only use it down the barrel.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

5. Quote Originally Posted by Danieljoe1 View Post
    Sue me for being to lazy to check, but I believe thats what I have in my kit. If so the can specifies not to get it on the plastic parts of your gun. The XD's break down to easy to be lazy and not tear them down to clean, so I only use it down the barrel.
    I could not find any info on breaking down my M&P. I'd rather break it down to clean every now and then also.

If you want a spray solvent to clean your poly gun you can either use any type of electric motor parts cleaner-or also many hobby shops sell rc car cleaner that won't hurt plastics. Just do yourself a favor and try them in an inconspicuous spot before you go spray happy. Also I would be real carefull if you have any type of night sites and even regular white dot sights as the solvent my soften the white paint.

I use Gunzilla CLP. It works great and cleaning gets easyer and quicker with repeated use.

8. kenster: Do you find that the Gunzilla gets sticky if it's used on firearms that are not used often? I have an old 22 that was my grand fathers. It was in pretty bad shape when I got it from my brother. I cleaned it up with Gunzilla. After about a year or so, I took it out and thought I put a few rounds through it. It worked, but the action was a little "sticky". I'm wondering if it's' the Gunzilla. I didn't have that problem before with Hopps & RemOil, but I like the environmentally aspects of Gunzilla. Any advice?

Happy Birthday.

The thread was over a year since it's last post and kenster hadn't been active in over a year. Hopefully someone else here can answer your question.

I use hoppes and g96

I would advise you to use extreme caution with this! Unless you know them quite well on a personal level I believe most agents will not appreciate getting cleaned and lubricated! Stay safe!
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast