Erik Scott Candlelight Vigil - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erik Scott Candlelight Vigil

Hope the truth comes out so we will know for sure but it sounds like theres some people covering there ass here . I dont think it will ever be know though

3. Quote Originally Posted by 702Shooter View Post
    Hello all,

I realize that this being my first post, it may seem a bit spammy. Under the circumstances, please avoid that train of thought and focus on the real issue which is spreading the word about the shooting of Erik Scott by LVMPD Officers.

Last night we attended Erik's candlelight vigil and we want to share some of that with you. We, the friends, and family of Erik Scott also encourage you to repost this information and help spread the word.

Full article, pics, and video:

Eric Scott Candlelight Vigil at Summerlin Costco in Las vegas, NV
    I started the Erik Scott LVMPD shooting thread 30 days ago, here's the link:

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...justified.html

I am Retired from the U.S. Air Force, I am also a 20 year Las Vegas resident and a CCW holder, I want to spread the word (have been since the very beginning) I want to know the truth. I am trying to bring it to the attention of all! I feel in my heart after listening to the radio frequency recordings and after serving twenty years in the military that it was a sniper style attack against. I've listened to the recordings over and over. Erik never stood a chance. I can only tell you what I feel and cannot prove anything therefore cannot make accusations because I do not have any facts. I want to see the facts, i.e. Video Surveillance, 911 tapes, etc. etc. So my heart goes out to the Scott family, God Bless them. I am a supporter of Erik Scott's no wrong doings, and will continue to post any info I come across in my thread I started 30 days ago.
    Dan
    P.M. me if there is anything I can do for the Scott family to help. From one Veteran to another.

Quote Originally Posted by danfordman View Post
    I am a supporter of Erik Scott's no wrong doings, and will continue to post any info I come across in my thread I started 30 days ago.
    Dan, exactly when did you go from the just seeking facts to the "supporter of no wrong doings" foregone conclusion stance?

5. Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    I donít think people are jumping to conclusions and no disrespect to you either but its just that this crap of no answers is really getting old.. Lets examine the events or what we know of from the news reports since thatís all we have to go on.
    Police wonít release the 911 calls so we may never know what was really reported.
    The reports further state that this person told Eric he could not have a gun in the store. Ericís response was he had a concealed permit to legally carry a gun. What the manager should have done was said: Sir, Costcoís store policy is no guns. I know the sign outside is small and you may not have noticed it but could you please go and secure it inside your vehicle. But thatís not what happened.

Police responded to the scene as if a man walked into the store, started waving a gun then proceeded to go an a destroy mission attacking helpless merchandise. They (the police) requested ambulances to the scene before they even arrived and ordered that the store be evacuated. Now I think itís a pretty clear that the situation inside the store was greatly exaggerated prompting the police to responded in the manner that they did.

Ö.well we know what happened next.

What laws did he break? Was he going to be charged with shop lifting? How about opening a package in a store? Most likely he would have been released after the cops checked him out and determined that no crime had been committed.
    You would think that in this country with more and more citizens getting permits to legally carry firearms that the police would take precautions that mistakes like this don't happen.

I am not anti-cop. My father was a cop and I have heard his war stories, some are funny others are not. The world we live in today has changed and not for the better. Laws should apply to everyone.

If the police make a mistake, they should man up to it and take steps not to make the same mistake twice. Instead they hide behind department policy.
    This definitely looks like they are trying to hide something. Just my 2 cents worth but I bet his friends and family feel the same way I do.
    Lets examine the events or what we know
    I agree, we need facts, all we have is police dispatch recordings for FACTS

I know the sign outside is small and you may not have noticed it but could you please go and secure it inside your vehicle.
    I am ALWAYS respectfull of posted signs " NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" as a CCW holder. I shop at Costco, I've never have seen the sign. Keep in mind I have 38 states between two Resident and Non Resident CCW's and travel the U.S. regularly. Never seen a Costco with that sign.

Ö.well we know what happened next.
    Sure is looking that way, most profesional orginizations like LEO and Military do "take care of Their own"

You would think that in this country with more and more citizens getting permits to legally carry firearms that the police would take precautions that mistakes like this don't happen.
    My wife and me both have had encounters with LVMPD while carrying never had issues, so obviousley many LEO's in vegas are familiar with CCW holders, in my experiences.

I am not anti-cop. My father was a cop and I have heard his war stories, some are funny others are not. The world we live in today has changed and not for the better. Laws should apply to everyone.
    I am not either, my step dad is a deputy in San Bernardino, and my grandpa's brother was elected sheriff of San Diego in 1967

If the police make a mistake, they should man up to it and take steps not to make the same mistake twice. Instead they hide behind department policy.
    I agree with this statement, In the military I expected this from my troops

It is very hard to remain unbiased as time goes on and with info, not actuall facts, we have only because of the postponement of the coroners inquest. The dept. is trying to plan their next move and Its making me lean towards some serious wrong doing by the LVMPD. I hope I am wrong, maybee Erik was suffering from P.T.S.D. and was having an medical episode causing erratic behavior. I wan't to be unbiased its just harder and harder everyday. Wha I heard on the police dispatch recordings sounded to me like a "sniper style takedown" thats just what is my personal opinion is at this point in time. Again more facts could change my opinion.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Dan, exactly when did you go from the just seeking facts to the "supporter of no wrong doings" foregone conclusion stance?
    I know Im really begining to struggle with remaining unbiased, really not right of me because we don't have all the facts.

Of course, the LVMPD now says the video is lost/not available.

Clearly, they don't want it seen!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Of course, the LVMPD now says the video is lost/not available.

Clearly, they don't want it seen!

-Doc
    Have they made a statement to the media that the video is lost?
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Your right Doc. Here is a quote from an article on 8/11/2010,

The department says it has been unable to retrieve surveillance video from Costco's hard drives. Scott's friends believe those tapes will show he did nothing wrong. "There are some very serious questions about the video," said Scott's friend and co-worker Mike Pusateri. "A lot of experts don't buy the comments about that data being lost."

Yet we have video instantly of a woman going berserk over not getting chicken nuggets at McDonald's.
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    Scott's friends believe those tapes will show he did nothing wrong.
    Scott's "friends" who were not there and are surely grieving their loss, have no more reason to believe any possible video evidence will prove he did nothing wrong or he did everything wrong. What we do know for a fact is he was causing a disturbance in the store.

Run with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    Scott's "friends" who were not there and are surely grieving their loss, have no more reason to believe any possible video evidence will prove he did nothing wrong or he did everything wrong. What we do know for a fact is he was causing a disturbance in the store.

Run with that.
    An unfortunate turn of events for the family and very lucky for the police. Now if they can find a way to lose the 911 tapes they should have this case all but locked up.
    If the video would have cleared the police it would have made the media rounds three weeks ago. As I have said before I believe this event (contact with the customer in the store) was blown way out of proportion and continued to snowball as the situation unfolded setting the stage for the deadly ending. After all he had a gun so that makes him the bad guy right? Keep in mind that it is possible to do everything right as a person with a concealed carry permit and still end up dead. The one thing you cannot control is what the other person is thinking. That includes little blue haired ladies, untrained security persons and police pumped up on adrenalin responding to a MWAG.
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast