Erik Scott Candlelight Vigil - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Erik Scott Candlelight Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by BigSlick View Post
    An unfortunate turn of events for the family and very lucky for the police.
    There is no event - no video (that we know of). What part of that do you not understand? Any number of reasons exist for a lack of publicly available "alleged" video (which may in all reality not even exist at all). If it does exist it may be a) not be shownig anything relevant due to the position of the subject(s), viewing angle of the camera, and/or obstructions thereof. b) been compromised by mishandling, or c) being kept in confidence due to evidentiary nature for a developing case against the officer(s) in question. As far as WE know, just no video at this time. No judgement for or against.
    Now if they can find a way to lose the 911 tapes they should have this case all but locked up.
    Any more unrelated nonsense you'd care to add?
    If the video would have cleared the police it would have made the media rounds three weeks ago.
    Any more ASSumptions you'd care to add? (see my part *c* response above.)
    As I have said before I believe...
    What you "believe" about this case has about as much to do with it as what Goldilocks and the Three Bears believes about it. Have you been interviewed as a witness yet Slick?

As long as you brought it up: Reminds me of a TV newsclip immediately following the 9/11 attacks. Reporter interviewing man-on-street with smoldering wreckage in background: Reporter - "What are your thoughts on this terrible tragedy we've suffered today Mr. man-on-street?" (Wailing through tears) "President Bush, you gotta do something! You gotta do something now! This is horrible, they gotta pay!!"

Nobody was even quite sure who "they" might be at that time.

Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocked _and_Locked View Post
    But what if? What if? What if? What if.... For half a damn page.

Apparently Big Slick's got the best hindsight there is.
    What is your explaination for the sequence of events?

Except the LVMPD said they can't seem to get it off Costco's hard drive.

I would be willing to bet if they wanted something from YOUR hard drive, they would be able to un-erase all your deleted files to get it.

The easiest way to stop cover-up talk is to show everything!

-Doc

There is no event - no video (that we know of). What part of that do you not understand? Any number of reasons exist for a lack of publicly available "alleged" video (which may in all reality not even exist at all). If it does exist it may be a) not be shownig anything relevant due to the position of the subject(s), viewing angle of the camera, and/or obstructions thereof. b) been compromised by mishandling, or c) being kept in confidence due to evidentiary nature for a developing case against the officer(s) in question. As far as WE know, just no video at this time. No judgement for or against.
    Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    I hate speculating about stuff like this, but if I was to make a guess about the "story" for why there is no video available at this time it would be that the purported "story" is a convenient excuse to buy some time. I suspect we will see some video at some point.

And you are leaning towards correct in alluding to the technology availabe to recover digital data, Doc. Digital forensics is a tech security domain all it's own and makes CSI Miami look like child's play.

I hate speculating about stuff like this, but if I was to make a guess about the "story" for why there is no video available at this time it would be that the purported "story" is a convenient excuse to buy some time. I suspect we will see some video at some point.

And you are leaning towards correct in alluding to the technology availabe to recover digital data, Doc. Digital forensics is a tech security domain all it's own and makes CSI Miami look like child's play.
    Interesting theory. Its nonsense of course, but curious to see how your brain works.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleHulka View Post
    Interesting theory. Its nonsense of course, but curious to see how your brain works.
    Why exactly is this nonsense?

I suspect it really does not matter what a video would show if it was played on national tv. Those who support this guy blindly will simply say it must have been altered. Remember, some witnesses say he pulled his gun. I am not as quick as some to discount that. I would never have done that in any scenario involving cops. You also have to remember, there were a lot of witnesses. I would not expect cops to just gun down someone with so many people standing around. Everyone was leaving Costco at the same exit, including Scott. Cops may not have handled this well, but that does not mean Scott was innocent nor that the cops murdered someone.

Also, remember, there are many, many encounters between open and concealed carriers around the whole country, including Vegas, and how often do they end in a shooting? Hardly ever. Don't you wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post

I would be willing to bet if they wanted something from YOUR hard drive, they would be able to un-erase all your deleted files to get it.

The easiest way to stop cover-up talk is to show everything!

-Doc
    That's the thing. The system was designed to record and play back video footage. I would assume there is also a way to get that video footage off of the system via a jump drive, CD, something. I do not understand why it is taking so long. I would also assume it archives the footage for a certain amount of time.

I could have recorded it with my little video camera and had it for them in 5 minutes.

The footage should have been the first thing the investigating officers asked for. If I were the manager I would have made a copy immediately for them and one for the store to keep - just in case they were sued or something. I would also make one for myself, as sometimes the manager of a store is named as a co-defendant.

I can undertand them not making it public right away because they cannot compromise their investigation, and the media is liable to edit half of it out and run it all over the news.

For the record I have no idea what happened. There are too many conflicting accounts. The LEOs may have been perfectly justified, but by taking all this time they are not helping their public image. If they need to have the video analyzed they should say so.

The real tragedy is children being gunned down every day in cities caught by stray crossfire from the guns that are available because of leinant laws/gun shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Conservative Liberal View Post
    The real tragedy is children being gunned down every day in cities caught by stray crossfire from the guns that are available because of leinant laws/gun shows.
    That was the most disingenuous thing you've come up with so far today! Keep trying...

That was the most disingenuous thing you've come up with so far today! Keep trying...
    Thank you for your input. You are just ohhhh so inspiring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast