Carry-Weapon and Location?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carry-Weapon and Location?

Carry-Weapon and Location?

After reading the large-size pistols you guys carry, I'm wondering where/how do you comfortably conceal a .45Kimber etc. I carry a P3AT in my pants-pocket because I don't like walking around with a sport coat or my shirt tail hanging out. I've bought every type gimmick holster you can think of, e.g., the fake cell phone, the inside the pants, etc., and don't find any of them comfortable.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

My main carry is a Kimber CDP II in the waist in a Comp-tec Infidal holster at about 3 o'clock. I also have the tucker strut for it so I have the option of shirt tucked or untucked. Normally, I'll carry IWB with a polo style shirt untucked.

I also have a KelTec P3AT that I carry both in a pocket holster or ankle rig.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

My CDPII goes in the Crossbreed Supertuck at five o-clock. Loose fitting t-shirt draped over it is all's really needed for good conceal. Sat in the truck driving 5 hours each day with it last weekend, no problem.

This might not be the case at some level of overweight.

You just may have to sacrifice a little comfort for your safety if you are really serious about carrying. I carry a full size M&P9 and have no problem with it. I'd rather be a little uncomfortable than vulnerable. You can get used to the set up you have if you be patient and do it long enough.
    Why are you worried about holding up the targets for me? It' s a 9mm!

Maybe gimmick holsters are to blame. I suggest you buy a high quality holster from a reputable holster maker

BTW I carry a colt defender in an IWB holster

Clothing is important. I carry full size guns. Usually on a belt instead of IWB. Summer I wear if i choose to conceal a 5.11 vest and t-shirt. Fall usually a large sweatshirt that is bulky or sweater. Winter a coat. You can also find shirts for spring and summer that are slightly larger in order to conceal. Crossbreed holsters has some great IWB holsters. With the right clothes and what you carry it can make all the difference. In Wash. State open carry is legal even without a permit so we have that option. I do have a permit so winter makes it easier to carry concealed.
    "The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thanks for all the input. I'll just stay with my P3AT and pray I never have to use it; plus, I'm hauling azz where at all possible.

My CC is "a last resort option only."
    NRA Benefactor Member
    'Never argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!' --Dilbert

I carry either a HK USP9 Compact IWB or a Full Size S&W M&P9 IWB. I have really no problems. I don't like sub-compact because I can't get a full grip on the gun, so I'm afraid I'm going to drop it.

Try Supertuck. You can still tuck your shirt in as this is a IWB holster and very comfortable. Also chck out High Noon they to have a tuckable holster. Like said before you have to sacrifice something to carry comfortably. I dont even feel that I am carrying alot of times cuz I carry everyday. So check out the two I said, very good holster and priced well.
    NRA Certified Instructor
    US Army Retired
    Prior Federal Police Officer Instructor

For me it depends on when and where I am going. Summer time I usually carry the Taurus 327 revolver. Small but loud and very accurate. I prefer to carry my Ruger P94 .40 cal. but that usually stays with me in the vehicle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast