Presented As Fact &Taken Word For Word From A College Text

Thread: Presented As Fact &Taken Word For Word From A College Text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took this word for word from the textbook for a death and dying class: (most useless class I ever took)

In some urban areas, emergency room physicians have reported being besieged with patients whose injuries are identical to wounds incurred by soldiers in combat. These wounds result from semiautomatic assault weapons that fire dozens of bullets per minute at several times the velocity of an ordinary pistol: “Organs that would have been merely grazed or even cleanly pierced by a handgun bullet are exploded by assault weapon fire, requiring massive transfusions of blood.

The Last Dance, Encountering Death and Dying, Lynne DeSpelder and Albert Lee Strickland 8th edition 2005 McGraw Hill New York
    When this was read in class I really expected the rest of class to accept it as fact and drive on. What actually happened was the majority of the class rejected the statement and vocally asserted their right to self-defense. There was one exception who began to parrot Brady statistics and tell us that no one should own a gun (except him apparently because he owns one for protection). The whole class shut him down and oddly enough they were using arguments that I had used in class with this guy before.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I'm glad that some reality has appeared. I just wish that the political authors would be rejected by the ones buying the books. I don't mind honest debate but reciting already disproved dogma still irks me.

Quote Originally Posted by NMHunter View Post
    I'm glad that some reality has appeared. I just wish that the political authors would be rejected by the ones buying the books. I don't mind honest debate but reciting already disproved dogma still irks me.

Did you note the article lists pistols as "assault weapons"?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Did you note the article lists pistols as "assault weapons"?
    That is not what I read. This article is factual. Rifle bullets will put a major hurt on you compared to pistol bullets. Add soft, or expanding hunting bullets, and it will make an even bigger mess.
    Even seen a deer lungs after a 270 passes through?
    Treo, ever study ballistics, and wound characteristics?

Quote Originally Posted by theicemanmpls View Post
    That is not what I read. This article is factual. Rifle bullets will put a major hurt on you compared to pistol bullets. Add soft, or expanding hunting bullets, and it will make an even bigger mess.
    Even seen a deer lungs after a 270 passes through?
    Treo, ever study ballistics, and wound characteristics?

These wounds result from semiautomatic assault weapons that fire dozens of bullets per minute at several times the velocity of an ordinary pistol:
    They’re not comparing rifles to pistols in that sentence. According to the DOJ rifles ire used in less than 2% of all crimes involving a firearm. So we’re not having some huge influx of GSWs involving rifles come into the ED. They’re trying to say that the thugs are running around W/ some type of “assault pistol” W/ some type of “super velocity “ammunition as opposed to an “ordinary” pistol

I worked in the ED at Evans Army Hospital for 2 years W/ all kinds of training w/ real assault rifles going on (BTW how does a 5.56 from an M16A2 do more damage than the same round from a Mini 14?) the only wound I ever saw caused by a rifle was a hunting accident in which a guy blew his head off W/ a 30.06 (The wound would have been worse had he used an M1 Garand?)

So is your point the bangers don't really have all that many AK's or that colleges are teaching libtard BS?

Or something else?