9 mm ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 mm ?

Question 9 mm ?

Hi all.
    I'm looking for some education. I occassionally read about 9 mm lugar. Are there different kinds of 9 mm?

Secondly, which has the more stopping power, 9 mm or 40 s&w? And again, are there more kinds of 40 cal other than S&W?

ThX.
    Larry

loblaw, very to the point answer.
    Says it all. Talking cartridges the difference is in size and stopping power.
    In guns, they tend to be on the same frame.

There are many different loads for both the 9mm and 40S&W. Both have their advantages and it always comes down to personal preference. The following should help with handgun ammo comparison:

http://www.mouseguns.com/PopularHand...Comparison.pdf
    Last edited by ronwill; 08-22-2010 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Typo

ronwill - Great Comparison info.

WHERE you hit 'em is more important that WHAT you hit them with!

If you prefer 9mm, master it, and it will serve you well.

-Doc

a .40 does have more stopping power than a 9mm. However, if you hit your target better and are more comfortable with a 9mm, then thats the way to go. I hear alot of people say they would never carry a 9mm because it is too weak, personally I carry a 9mm. I do this, because A) I am very confident in my ability to hit my target with a 9mm and B) The firearm I have fits very comfortable in my hand and I can draw it quick. There is a quote out there "5 hits with a .22 is better than 5 misses with a .44mag". I know I gave more that you probably wanted but IMHO it doesn't matter .40sw vs 9mm to me comes down to how well the person behind the firearm is with that weapon.

Just my $.02

-Capo-
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    a .40 does have more stopping power than a 9mm. However, if you hit your target better and are more comfortable with a 9mm, then thats the way to go. I hear alot of people say they would never carry a 9mm because it is too weak, personally i carry a 9mm. I do this, because a) i am very confident in my ability to hit my target with a 9mm and b) the firearm i have fits very comfortable in my hand and i can draw it quick. There is a quote out there "5 hits with a .22 is better than 5 misses with a .44mag". I know i gave more that you probably wanted but imho it doesn't matter .40sw vs 9mm to me comes down to how well the person behind the firearm is with that weapon.

Just my $.02

-capo-
    +100

Thanks all. You helped cleanup the muddy waters.
    Larry

There is no one best round. I have read a report about LEO's shooting a BG over 20 times with a 40 cal before he was stoped. Then there is accounts of a single 22 putting an end to a fight. Some will argue that you need the larger bullet because it makes a bigger hole so I guess we all should carry a S&W 500. Pick a round that you can shoot well.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

9x21mm (9mm IMI)
    9mm Luger (9x19mm) also called 9mm Parabellum or 9mm NATO
    9x18mm Makarov

Try this site: Genitron.com: Basics-Cartridges Used in Hanguns

Put your cursor over the image of the cartradge for details

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast