.44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .44 Ruger Blackhawk blows off frame

Yeah, I guess after watching it again it didn't look as staged. My bad for suggesting it.

Makes me wonder if there was an obstruction in the barrel or if they were shooting an overpowered handload??????????

4. Quote Originally Posted by BearTaylor View Post
    Makes me wonder if there was an obstruction in the barrel or if they were shooting an overpowered handload??????????
    I would put my money on misaligned chamber or obstruction. An overloaded cartridge would probably cause a different point of failure.

cylinder blew, took the top strap, and the barrel support, bad reloads kind of looks like a double charge.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

6. not a ruger redhawk is it?

Quote Originally Posted by electriccowboy View Post
    not a ruger redhawk is it?
    Easily could be. They come in a 5" (or 5-1/2") length and look sort of like a S&W from a distance on poor quality video.

Could the wrong type of powder do this?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Easily could be. They come in a 5" (or 5-1/2") length and look sort of like a S&W from a distance on poor quality video.

Could the wrong type of powder do this?
    Easly.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Good thing that never happened to Clint Eastwood. His movies would have been really really short. Unless of course he hit the bad guy with the barrel he launched.
    Last edited by Confess; 08-30-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: It's late. i'm tired. and can't spell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12