Would you do it?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Would you do it?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088

    Would you do it?

    I have been waiting almost three years for Hi Point Firearms to start sending out the 4595 carbine. Finally Hi Point has shipped some out. I want one in the worse way. Now I have a Norinco SKS with about 800 rounds of ammo, I really love my SKS and do not wish to part with it. But I am thinking about selling my SKS so I can get the 4595. For two reasons
    1. Money is kind of tight right now..
    2. Wife does not have the interest in guns and would be pissed if I purchused another one.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Иєш Лєяжşєşŧăŋ
    Posts
    1,084
    Oooohh!! I WANT one!!



    Now, the question is: .40? Or .45? 9mm is out of the question for me...I don't need yet another caliber to keep track of. Personally, I'm leaking toward .45 as a companion to my 1st choice sidearm, but I think - if/when TSHTF - .40 will be a lot more readily available "in the field". Open to opinions...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kannapolis, N.C.
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    Oooohh!! I WANT one!!



    Now, the question is: .40? Or .45? 9mm is out of the question for me...I don't need yet another caliber to keep track of. Personally, I'm leaking toward .45 as a companion to my 1st choice sidearm, but I think - if/when TSHTF - .40 will be a lot more readily available "in the field". Open to opinions...
    actually more along the lines to this


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    edge of freedom
    Posts
    424
    There's one in my future but no way would I sell my SKS to get one!!! Especially w/800 rounds already if needed. be patient you'll get one.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Georgetown, Texas
    Posts
    403

    Cool wife or gun

    I would wait on it.

    save some more money, let the company get all the kinks our of the first run.

    Then get a nice ring or something that the wife likes and tell her this.

    I purchased this for you and I got this for me...!

    It always works with me

  7. #6
    The SKS is more valuable than the Hi-point, more powerful, and a cheaper round to shoot, plus you have a lot of ammo for it already. Save for the Hi-point, they are fun rifles to shoot, I have the 9MM in the old stock.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    maysville, Georgia
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by saw View Post
    The SKS is more valuable than the Hi-point, more powerful, and a cheaper round to shoot, plus you have a lot of ammo for it already. Save for the Hi-point, they are fun rifles to shoot, I have the 9MM in the old stock.
    amen i had an sks with a 30 round mag and sold it, i could kick my self for it. save up for the hipoint.

  9. I been waiting for that to come out in 45, his will compliment my handguns, my question is what mags are they using. I would like one converted to accept my p-14 hi-caps, but I am not totally against Glock mags or grease gun, etc.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Southern New Hampshire
    Posts
    553
    I agree with everyone on here.......Wait. If they just came out, wait a little to "debug" them, then put in for one. I'm not sure on how the waiting list still operates. I know back then when I was on the HP forum at the time they were only talking about them and folks were having their dealers put them on the waiting list!
    Myself, I think I'll pass on the 4595 or even the 4095. I already got the 995 which I love, and is..... Very accurate. I love my HP acp.45 and c9 also and I don't care what anyone says about them. You have to shoot one to understand.
    Hold onto the SKS, and when the time is right on the HP you'll know. Good luck!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

  11. #10
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrebnc1861 View Post
    I have been waiting almost three years for Hi Point Firearms to start sending out the 4595 carbine. Finally Hi Point has shipped some out. I want one in the worse way. Now I have a Norinco SKS with about 800 rounds of ammo, I really love my SKS and do not wish to part with it. But I am thinking about selling my SKS so I can get the 4595. For two reasons
    1. Money is kind of tight right now..
    2. Wife does not have the interest in guns and would be pissed if I purchused another one.
    Personally, I feel your pain. Even if I work overtime and earn extra money, my wife feels as though I should not buy any more guns. It sucks. They just don't understand. I would keep the SKS though. I know the Hi-Point guns are pretty good for the money, but that SKS will probably outlast it. If the bottom were to drop out on society, I would rather have the SKS on my back than the Hi-Point. JMHO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast