Smith and Wesson M&P .40 Compact vs. XD .40 SubCompact - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Smith and Wesson M&P .40 Compact vs. XD .40 SubCompact

glocks are not the best my friend! they have their issues like any other pistol. my sissy will shoot just like ur lame glock would.

3. I think the "best" is more of a personal preference.

I have handled Glocks, S&Ws and currently own an XD-40 4". HAve no problems with either of the former guns, but I can honestly say that I have used and abused the XD to no end, and it has NEVER misfired or given me one problem. Easy to clean and service. I like the safety features, especially since it's always loaded. And the best part is that you'll probably pay a lot less for an XD than you will for that S&W or Glock. When you ain't rich, economy is everything.
    -= Piece Corps =-

I don't know about where you live but in So Cal if you break your Glock repair parts are as easy to find as a hooker on Hollywood Blvd. If you break your Smith you can order parts from Brownell's and some other gun retailers. If you break your XD parts are as close as your local UPS or FED EX location. S/A requires your gun be shipped back to them for repairs.

If I didn't already have a big investment in Glocks I'd shoot the M&P.

Personally I love Glocks but I might start looking at the M&Ps now. I really like the way they look. Next time I go to the range I'll rent one and see what they are all about. I have shot an XD and they are nice guns too but I don't like the way they felt in my hand but they did shoot good and accurate.

7. I love Glocks too, always will. I just like my M&P better :) Both have their pros and cons in what I am looking for in a pistol but the M&P takes it for me, I knew it right after the first shot I took with the M&P.

I really want to shoot one now. I'm for sure going to start looking at some and see what kind of deal I can get on one.

I have both the G-19 and the M&P 9c. When I first got the M&P I really liked it, but now it's turned into a safe queen. When I reach for the range bag I find myself grabbing the Glocks and revolvers and I leave the Smith at home.

Different strokes...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Dog View Post
    I have both the G-19 and the M&P 9c. When I first got the M&P I really liked it, but now it's turned into a safe queen. When I reach for the range bag I find myself grabbing the Glocks and revolvers and I leave the Smith at home.
    A lot of it is subjective or, maybe, just different strokes...

When I wanted a 9mm pistol for a defensive handgun course, I went through several hundred rounds at the range rotaing through the G19, G17 and M&P9. The M&P felt much better in my hand an my groups with it were consistently tighter. Since buying the M&P, I have changed the sights and upgraded the trigger (Apex Tactical). For its' intended purpose, I think it leaves little to be desired.

I don't have anything against Glocks. They have a huge and loyal following. The M&P's just work better for ME.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

A lot of it is subjective or, maybe, just different strokes...
    I'm glad you got my point.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast