Would a solid bullet penetrate better than a JHP or Hydroshock? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would a solid bullet penetrate better than a JHP or Hydroshock?

1. Or just a rifle.

A .30-30 will out penetrate any of the pistol cartridges that you are likely to be carrying concealed.

I'm with the rest, if he's ducked behind cover it's time to get out of Dodge if you can do so safely.

JSDinTexas Guest

Any gun will throw a round downrange

Quote Originally Posted by pd6468 View Post
    Wow. Glock has been very good to law enforcement with pricing, but to say that's the primary reason approximately 65 percent of U.S. law enforcement use Glock handguns is flat out false. You may not like Glocks, and they may not be "pretty" but they have proven for years to be reliable, durable, quality, and great performers. Because of Glock's lead, look at all the gun makers using polymer in their products now.
    I have to weigh in on this: I have only Glocks, and the reason is 1. dependability 2. ease of maintenance 3. design and mfg are ahead of the technology curve 4. ugly as hell

With that said the reason cops carry Glocks is money, not because they are cheap, but inexpensive for the dept to maintain when you have a 1000 man force, and they save lives by being dependable. I have seen Glocks kaboom and other things, but most of these are due to failure of improperly reloaded ammo, after market parts, etc. Only failure I have ever had is a G27 wouldn't lock back the slide after the last round, and this was due to an aftermarket +1 magazine.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Right

Your FMJ goes thru the perp and still having a full head of steam perforates a bystander or two.

Tell me again how you won't be sued!

-Doc
    No you don't get it, it's better to be sued than carried away, but my FMJ could go through the perp kill those 2 by standers and still knock the top of an oxygen tank, that would then fly through the air and out the wall hit a tanker, it blows up, a nuke next door goes off and the whole city is dead, but it's not likely to happen, and neither is your scenario as far as i'm concerned. As far as being sued, doesn't matter what kind of bullet your shooting, they'll sue anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Irish View Post
    No you don't get it, it's better to be sued than carried away, but my FMJ could go through the perp kill those 2 by standers and still knock the top of an oxygen tank, that would then fly through the air and out the wall hit a tanker, it blows up, a nuke next door goes off and the whole city is dead, but it's not likely to happen, and neither is your scenario as far as i'm concerned. As far as being sued, doesn't matter what kind of bullet your shooting, they'll sue anyway.
    The sued anyway part is for sure

6. Maybe I'll just hire Chuck Norris as my bodyguard.....

Quote Originally Posted by angrypenguin View Post
    Maybe I'll just hire Chuck Norris as my bodyguard.....
    I don't know about that he's geting pretty old, probably still tough as iron though

8. Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
    Well, the TV and videos can make it look that way

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    If the BG decides to hide, take that as an opportunity to open the distance between you!

This isn't the army. You have no duty to destroy him behind cover.

Ball has no place in citizen self defense.

-Doc
    The voice of reason.Well said, sir.

Thumbs down Global Warming

Chuck Norris is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
    All this talk about global warming is hogwash, Chuck Norris was cold one night and decided to turn up the thermostat on the sun.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast