Showing State Location Under Username - Page 2

View Poll Results: Should We List User's States

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it as it is, optional and on the profile page.

9 15.79%
  • Yes, but keep it an optional choice.

34 59.65%
  • Yes, but make choosing a state required

14 24.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showing State Location Under Username

Thumbs up good idea

im all for it. great idea

Thumbs up Great Idea

I am proud to call South Carolina home, so when do you start lol...........
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Excellent Idea!

I voted yes on optional choice.

I voted yes for the optional choice. I do not see a need to require people to provide personal information. While I have no issue in disclosing the state I live in, I do live in a small town, and I do not want the location published. There is a good chance people would be able to figure out who I am and I do not want someone to walk up to my employer and say "do you know he carries a gun?" Obviously, the state alone provides very little personal info, I just don't think it should be required.

Thanks for asking our opinion Luke. Obviously you are about making this site what we want. That is why it's the best site of this kind on the net. Thanks again for creating it.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I also voted optional

but does it make sense having the state displayed as a default and the member will have to go into his account settings to change it?

Cheers
    Joe from NY

I too say yes, but optional.
    Besides everyone knows how those whack-ohs in Texas feel about their state...
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

I'm not really sure where my mind was at but we already have this! On the top right hand side of each post it shows Join Date and then under that Location. This shows whatever the user puts in the Location field in their profile. And it is optional.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

9. I like being from the "State of Discombobulation". :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12