Showing State Location Under Username

View Poll Results: Should We List User's States

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, keep it as it is, optional and on the profile page.

9 15.79%
  • Yes, but keep it an optional choice.

34 59.65%
  • Yes, but make choosing a state required

14 24.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showing State Location Under Username

Showing State Location Under Username

This came up in the Site Feedback forum and I wanted to take a site poll on it. What do you think about adding a feature that shows the state the person is located under the area that shows their username and title? This way you have a quick glance to see where they are from and what state they are referring to. Should we require you list which state you are in? Let me get your feedback.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

3. I voted "yes, but keep it optional". I can't see where it's any big deal to list your state but I'm sure someone on here might see it as an invasion of privacy so thats why I think it should be optional. ;)

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

optional

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    I voted "yes, but keep it optional". I can't see where it's any big deal to list your state but I'm sure someone on here might see it as an invasion of privacy so thats why I think it should be optional. ;)

+ 1. I agree.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I like the idea. If everyone had their state listed then you could search for post from people in your state. Packing.org had a feature like that and I use to use it quite a bit. I voted for it to be mandatory.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. Talking

OK by me. I am in Ohio, If anyone wants me!

7. i'm cool if people know where i'm from, they may have info that can help :D
    im from long island ny

I don't think I'd list my addy but, I'm proud of where I'm from. Keep it optional.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

I voted yes, but optional. I like to know where someone is from when they are answering questions about CCW laws. I've seen lots of examples where someone tries to apply their state laws to someone else's -- result is unintentional bad info.

Voted no keep it optional. While I don't mind anyone knowing what state I'm in, there are those who wish as little private information as possible being placed on the internet. With identity theft as rampant as it is I can understand their desires.

I voted yes, If you say in my state you can or cannot do something pertaining to gun carry and don't name the state it really won't help the readers. Looking up to see what state their from would really help.
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast