Home Protection Shotguns - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home Protection Shotguns

Mossberg 835 w/18.5" barrel...also have the 28" barrel for more sporting activities. Great flexibility in ammunition and I just love hearing that "click-click" while chambering a shell.....Hopefully the only mess to clean off the floor will be the BG messing his drawers after hearing that sound and heading for the hills!
    Peace through Superior Firepower

Quote Originally Posted by astevens1956 View Post
    Mossberg 835 w/18.5" barrel...also have the 28" barrel for more sporting activities. Great flexibility in ammunition and I just love hearing that "click-click" while chambering a shell.....Hopefully the only mess to clean off the floor will be the BG messing his drawers after hearing that sound and heading for the hills!
    In my house, the only thing the bad guy is going to hear before the first BOOM! is the faint click of the safety moving to the fire position, the clack-clack of racking the slide happened when the gun was loaded. You don't keep your home defense shotgun loaded?
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

I don't keep my shotgun loaded either. I would like to get the new clamshell type shotgun lock I've seen in the NRA magazines then I'll keep it loaded- don't know if you guys have seen it but it clamps around the trigger mech and has quick access combo buttons. Looks pretty cool-the only gun I keep loaded and is with me at all times is my 45. I would hate to come home and have some bad guy pointing my own shotgun at me- I really need to spring for a bigger gun safe but unfortunately I have an addiction to new guns. Lmao which is why the wife says I need the new safe!
    Last edited by homershoots; 10-25-2010 at 07:20 AM. Reason: Added wifes comment

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    In my house, the only thing the bad guy is going to hear before the first BOOM! is the faint click of the safety moving to the fire position, the clack-clack of racking the slide happened when the gun was loaded. You don't keep your home defense shotgun loaded?
    It's loaded....just no shell in the chamber. The "click-click" happens as I'm raising the shotgun to READY....takes no more time than if it were already in the chamber...and BOOM may still be the LAST sound he hears
    Peace through Superior Firepower

Well...it ran a little more than most mentioned, but I love my Saiga 12. With 4 12 rd mags and a 20 rd drum loaded up, is a great little base defense weapon.

A little under $400 out the door and another $120 for pistol grip, adjustable stock and tapco trigger group (all for improved comfort for a long time AK shooter...it is a fine gun w/o them)

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Well...it ran a little more than most mentioned, but I love my Saiga 12. With 4 12 rd mags and a 20 rd drum loaded up, is a great little base defense weapon.

A little under $400 out the door and another $120 for pistol grip, adjustable stock and tapco trigger group (all for improved comfort for a long time AK shooter...it is a fine gun w/o them)

What. No pic?
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

8. Cimmaron TTN, 20" 12 gauge side by side with hammers, loaded with 00 buck. If you ever need it, you'll only shoot it once, anyway.

You can't go wrong with a Rem 870 or Mossy 500 or a Winchester 1300 Defender, there all great shot guns and you can find them around $300 the 1300 defenders are getting a little harder to find.
    I bought this one for $250 and refinished it.

But, if you can afford one the Benelli M4 is the best thing out there

CHL/CWP Classes
    DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Instructor
    www.defensiveimpact.com

10. I agree

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    i have a mossberg 500 a1 and use winchester ranger 00 buckshot. its a little long and heavy for my gf who's 5'2 to use, but she could use it in the right situation. it could help to get the pistol grip.. also stay away from birdshot unless going to the range. it doesnt do much for home situations. look into low recoil buckshot. takes the sting out of shooting it. my moss was about $250 or so 3 years ago.

just my 0.2 cents. good luck
    I have the same weapon and it is a little long(wifey is small also 5.0..)but she is familiar with it and that a good thing...

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Agree 100%. I keep my 500 Cruiser loaded AND chambered. There will be no "click-clack", just "BOOM-BOOM". Low recoil Hydra-Shok slugs and Rem 00 buck.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast