Would you support a ban on hand guns? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Would you support a ban on hand guns?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    I consider myself a Democrat who voted for Obama and supports proper gun ownership and responsibility.
    Sorry to read that. What little respect I may have had is gone now...

    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    If a vote came to the public for the banning of guns I would vote against it and would sign any petition concerning the banning of guns. I would never support the ban of guns, within reason.
    And they will be so nice as to ask before they decide to take them? Get real...Within Reason? That is the kind of crap that leads to the inch that precedes the mile they take... What kind of crap is that??? Yikes!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    Now here is the part that I usually get in trouble for. I HIGHLY doubt that a ban on guns will happen in my life time (for the record I was born in 1986). While anything is possible this is what the Supreme Court is for.
    And have you been paying attention to the judges that have been seated? The left leaning, outright hostile and unsympathetic to the 2nd amendment judges that voted in a manner to indicate that banning guns is Constitutional? Obams's hand pick I recall, was among the dissent votes in McDonald v. Chicago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Perhaps being born in 1986 you may live along enough to see the ban. God forbid it... Come on... If you get in trouble for this thought process on a regular basis, perhaps you ought to examine why... It's flawed...

    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    They are to look over the laws and rule on them based on their Constitutional Merit.
    And the ones who indicated dissent in the above case were the ones I indicated would do so.. Coincidence? No... If given the power to rule against the right to Keep and Bear Arms, they will. That vote was 5 to 4... It could have been the other way...


    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    I also believe that if a gun ban would happen, it would be passed by a Republican President, in order to secure the borders and to ensure proper security. My reason for this is the only people who put up a fight about me carrying a gun are the republicans in my area. Democrats have bigger fish to fry.
    It's possible for a republican president (RINO) to ban guns... It could be any of the liberal sympathizers... Bigger fish to fry? Yea they have lots of fish to fry. One of those fish is disarming the public. Eventually they try to skin it and bone it and get it in the pan...
    Not quite sure how securing the border and banning guns fall into the same logic unless you believe that Mexican president Calderon has the right idea? All the REAL conservative republicans I know have no intent to ban the private ownership of firearms so you may be around a few RINO's...

    I was born in 1967 and they have been encroaching closer to full banning every year that passes. Recall the 1994 Assault weapons ban? Keep thinking that Obama and the liberals with their "one world order" have no intent to take away that very right and you will be faced with the very reality...

    I ask you to think a little before the November elections before voting to support the current administration...

    Anyone else agree or disagree feel free to chime in...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Applying logic to the above statement:
    ...
    So by that logic, if you are supporting the liberals and Obama's agenda... NO GUNS...
    I'm sorry, I had no intention of implying that there was some kind of logic to anyone's political leanings.
    People have a lot of self-conflicting thoughts and positions on things that clearly defy logic.

    However, you did clarify my original impression that you feel that if someone is supporting liberals and Obama's agenda, you feel they should not have guns.

    How do you reconcile the desire to prevent people from owning guns with your statement that you support the US Constitution? <--That is my real question.

    P.S. Sorry about derailing the thread.
    Last edited by Booga; 09-29-2010 at 02:26 AM. Reason: P.S.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    I consider myself a Democrat who voted for Obama and supports proper gun ownership and responsibility. If a vote came to the public for the banning of guns I would vote against it and would sign any petition concerning the banning of guns. I would never support the ban of guns, within reason.

    Now here is the part that I usually get in trouble for. I HIGHLY doubt that a ban on guns will happen in my life time (for the record I was born in 1986). While anything is possible this is what the Supreme Court is for. They are to look over the laws and rule on them based on their Constitutional Merit. I also believe that if a gun ban would happen, it would be passed by a Republican President, in order to secure the borders and to ensure proper security. My reason for this is the only people who put up a fight about me carrying a gun are the republicans in my area. Democrats have bigger fish to fry.
    Do you drive around with an Obama bumper sticker and a one that says "Change we can beleive in"?? Make sure you and your Obama supporters get out and vote this November 4th.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

  5. #24
    I feel as if I should clarify my "Within Reason" statement. Name me the last time we needed a Minigun that shoot 1250 rounds per minute? While I would like to have it to clear my back yard of trees and varmints, its unnecessary in our current society. I agree the Clinton/Brady campaign banned insane items. Just because the magazine is smaller doesn't me ****, just means you have to reload more.

    Second, is Obama perfect? Hell no! By his very nature, being a politician, he is flawed. But you show me a "Perfect" president, who never lied about his policies, always had the right ideas, and never made a mistake, and I'll renounce my evil democrat ways.

    Finally I'll end with a quote about the political parties.
    "They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation, the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels, and modified by mutual interests."
    That was said by the only president who did not have a political party, George Washington. I think his views then are the same as they are today. Instead of us fighting over which Republican, Democrat, Libertarian, etc it should be, WE should decide the future of the country. If you don't like who is in office and think you can do a better job, then run. And I'm not being sarcastic or stupid. The great thing about this country is the ability to do just that. Will it be hard? You bet, but you never know till you try.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    I'm sorry, I had no intention of implying that there was some kind of logic to anyone's political leanings.
    People have a lot of self-conflicting thoughts and positions on things that clearly defy logic.

    However, you did clarify my original impression that you feel that if someone is supporting liberals and Obama's agenda, you feel they should not have guns.

    How do you reconcile the desire to prevent people from owning guns with your statement that you support the US Constitution? <--That is my real question.

    P.S. Sorry about derailing the thread.
    You're lucky that I don't have that kind of power. And now for the clarification...

    We have the Bill of Rights in the USA to protect us. That is until the majority of left leaning 2nd amendment despising judges have been seated on the bench in the SCOTUS and in lower courts. And the next case regarding that God given right, comes to be heard and perhaps fairs poorly. And the next case, and the next case... Until that right is no longer recognized and the 28th is ratified repealing the 2nd... Believing it couldn't or wouldn't happen will not make it so...

    So with that written, anyone who continues to vote for and support the socialism loving, liberal left, new world order embracing democrats will have only themselves to blame for the demise of that right. So it's by that hypothetical train of thought that I arrive at the NO GUNS for liberals statement. It will never be by my choice that any free man, is forbidden the right to Keep and Bear Arms so no reconciliation is required...

    The agenda of the new democrats has been made clear and their desire to infringe upon or completely repeal your right is evident. Any support for politicians that embrace and foster that agenda is a NO GUN vote in my opinion... Spin that in any direction you choose...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  7. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by dobleceroseite View Post
    I feel as if I should clarify my "Within Reason" statement. Name me the last time we needed a Minigun that shoot 1250 rounds per minute? While I would like to have it to clear my back yard of trees and varmints, its unnecessary in our current society. I agree the Clinton/Brady campaign banned insane items. Just because the magazine is smaller doesn't me ****, just means you have to reload more.

    .
    It is by that misguided logic that your opinion shall be your undoing. That is the inch that precedes the mile taken...

    What part of "shall not be infringed" are you having confusion with? It is fairly simple. If I own it and decide to use it within the limits of the laws governing my responsibility to not infringe upon the rights of others, then it shall be. Our founding fathers perhaps envisioned people being more responsible and having less dependency on others to make decisions for them.

    You would give provision to allow others control of your right too freely, and have none of it by days end...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  8. #27
    JSDinTexas Guest

    NO!

    No gun can be legally banned in the United States of America.

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,558
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    No gun can be legally banned in the United States of America.
    I think you have something there Kingfish!

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    MA, Away from the liberal loonies...
    Posts
    2,658
    Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    No gun can be legally banned in the United States of America.
    That should be the case in all situations, but history has proven that not to be the case. The M1s that are in Korea that can't be sold here in the USA. The banning reason given by Obama, Hilary and company, "They could fall into the wrong hands".

    1994 and the "assault weapons ban". More of the same old BS. Why is it that I can't own a fully automatic rifle?

    If the liberal left is supported further and allowed to trample individual God given rights because people don't agree with them or they are not comfortable fuzzy and self serving rights, Then we are doomed to fight like hell and perhaps die for freedom...

    I'll not be debarred the use of arms without using them...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

    I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

  11. #30
    JSDinTexas Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    That should be the case in all situations, but history has proven that not to be the case. The M1s that are in Korea that can't be sold here in the USA. The banning reason given by Obama, Hilary and company, "They could fall into the wrong hands".

    1994 and the "assault weapons ban". More of the same old BS. Why is it that I can't own a fully automatic rifle?

    If the liberal left is supported further and allowed to trample individual God given rights because people don't agree with them or they are not comfortable fuzzy and self serving rights, Then we are doomed to fight like hell and perhaps die for freedom...

    I'll not be debarred the use of arms without using them...
    Yeah, I relented and let the state process me in order to carry. I disagree with it, but as I said in a post way back, my CHL offers a legal status to it all, and that helps a little.

    We have a saying repeated in Texas sometimes, "Come and Take It!" and that's where I stand with you on the matter.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 160
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 09:53 AM
  2. Enough of the Ronald Reagan Praise B.S...
    By Bohemian in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 11:06 AM
  4. National Park Service Gun Ban Expanding
    By lukem in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 12:38 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-16-2008, 12:48 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast