Hassled at the grocery store yesterday. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hassled at the grocery store yesterday.

I look forward to reading their response. We have Aldi's near hear, but i tend to go Krogering.

3. i am really sorry to hear what happend to you

A supermarket needs security guards?

I'm glad I live where I live, in Pennsylvania (where there are nearly 600,000 people, that's one out of every twenty-three Pennsylvanians, licensed to carry concealed).

I lived in VA for a few years (10) and worked as a Loss Prevention associate for a LARGE discount store to make ends meet. Yes I carried and No I wasn't supposed to. The store had no posted signs for guns and VA is an "open carry" state.

Now, a gentleman and his wife who I'd seen several times around town carrying his 1911 open came into our store and I knew it before anyone. I gave him a nod and went on about my business until a few minutes later when the secret codes started coming over the P.A. speakers. I radio the store GM and ask what the fuss is and he stated there was an armed man "looking suspicious" in the clothing section.

My armed pal was not "looking" like anything. He was shopping and I was met by the entire store managment staff and several cashiers while I was hiding and observing the "suspect". I explained to the GM that he is within his rights and I can't/shouldn't/don't want to ask him to leave. I told them they should all feel safer with him here and reasoned that if he was a BG, he would be doing BG stuff. Not shopping for a flannel shirt.

The "perp" was non the wiser of the panic he caused until I followed him outside where we shot the bull till we got to his truck. I then explained what had occured and that the GM was a sensible man and an easy convert to my thoughts about carrying. We had a chuckle and he showed me his CCP and said he would cover her up next time. He just liked to keep the real BGs guessing.

Sorry to hear about your nasty encounter. Education is key and it sucks your encounter was with an Egg-No-Ra-Muss.
    Last edited by Memphis; 02-12-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

ALRIGHT EVERYONE REMAIN QUITE...................THIS IS A HOLD UP........NO ONE WILL BE HURT IF THEY JUST...excuse me uh....what did you say?......Oh Oh darn....I'm sorry everyone, I did not see the sign saying no guns. My bad!!! Alright everyone just continue on with your business, I will go rob the store down the street. ;)
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Quote Originally Posted by whiptrackercracker View Post
    ALRIGHT EVERYONE REMAIN QUITE...................THIS IS A HOLD UP........NO ONE WILL BE HURT IF THEY JUST...excuse me uh....what did you say?......Oh Oh darn....I'm sorry everyone, I did not see the sign saying no guns. My bad!!! Alright everyone just continue on with your business, I will go rob the store down the street. ;)
    yes let us all take a minute to slowly shake our heads in thought of the uneducated people who actually think this is a reality.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

We had a hold up in a store here in Ft. Worth. A lady shopping called her husband on the cell. He was waiting in the car out side. He came in, confronted the robbers and managed to shoot one as they fled the store. The wonded BG was captured at the hospital later. The man was not charged.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The man was not charged.
    Can I hear a "SALUTE!" ???
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Well Written Letter

I found your letter to be be extremely well written. Good Work! :)
    Last edited by OM44; 02-13-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
    The Second Amendment is NOT about hunting!

Good letter. If ya have any follow up with them ya might mention your checking into the unlawful detention imposed on you by the guard.
    If they post a sign , I like you would take my buisness else where .
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast