How much ammo do you carry. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much ammo do you carry.

I CC revolvers and usually just carry 1 speed loader along with my loaded firearm.

Depends what I am carrying. My FiveSeven holds 20 so I don't carry any extra. I do carry an extra mag with my Glock 30, kahr pm40. I picked up a ruger lcp 380, but haven't decided if I will carry it yet, but if so, then yes to an extra mag(it only came with one mag though).

G-27 no spare mag but 95% of the time have 380 as a bug, also, G-21 with spare in car, G-36 with spare when on bike in saddle bag, along with G-27 in side holster

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    Depends what I am carrying. My FiveSeven holds 20 so I don't carry any extra. I do carry an extra mag with my Glock 30, kahr pm40. I picked up a ruger lcp 380, but haven't decided if I will carry it yet, but if so, then yes to an extra mag(it only came with one mag though).
    No extra mag with my Five Seven. Twenty in the magazine, and one in the chamber should be enough if the magazine doesn't fail. I have been thinking of carrying one more magazine in case of the magazine failure, but haven't decided yet as I have no place to carry it except for my pocket which isn't ideal.

handgonnetoter Guest
    That depends on what handgun I carry. If it is a single stack, I like three. If it is a double stack, I carry two.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    No extra mag with my Five Seven. Twenty in the magazine, and one in the chamber should be enough if the magazine doesn't fail. I have been thinking of carrying one more magazine in case of the magazine failure, but haven't decided yet as I have no place to carry it except for my pocket which isn't ideal.
    Cheaper Than Dirt has a number of decent black nylon spare mag holders with the velcro closure straps. They are around ten bucks too.

Demographics

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    I'm just curious to how members in various parts of the country answer this.
    When you daily carry (not hunting or shooting) concealed or open carry, how much ammo do you also carry and why?

There is no right or wrong answer but I'm curious as to the differences in demographics.

I'm in suburban Virginia, usually I only carry the magazine in the gun (15). My reason is I really can't foresee a firefight or situation which would require more than that.

With my S&W .357 revolver, I did carry an extra speed loader.
    All:

The answers are helpful, but I think most have left out the DEMOGRAPHIC info that the OP was looking for....

I live in a medium sized town in Michigan. I work in the urban area and live in the suburbs. I carry a Kahr MK9 (6+1) and a spare mag (6 ct).

I have read on other forums that a phone is more useful than a spare mag, but I agree with others about Murphy's Law and the likelihood of failures due to faulty magazines. Besides, it is always better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. I do still make sure to have my phone with me at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by 442js View Post
    Not that it couldn't happen, but I have never heard of a FiveSeven Mag failing. They have pretty damn good quality control(I guess good enough to stake my life on it ;) )

I live on the border about 7 miles north of Mexico, and geography does play into my carry. Those signs that have made the news recently warning people of illegal and smuggling activities are all over the areas we like to explore. Around the house and in town I carry 1911 1+8 and 2 spare 8 rd mags on me, with a Maxpedition sling pack with 8 more loaded 8 rd mags.

The wife and I like to get out in the bush on and explore the back roads all along the border, for those trips the 1911, 10 mags an M4 Flattop (ACOG 3x sight with Red Dot on top) with 6 - 30 round mags in the Maxpedition plus a ScatterGun Technologies 12 ga. With 25 slugs and 25 000 Buck loads. The extra mags for the 1911 and M4 and shotgun loads are in the Maxpedition sling pack. Wife carries her Sig with 1 + 15 and 2 spare 15 round mags.

We each have a 3 liter Camelback and the usual fire, signaling, med kit ect.

A buddy of mine is a Border Patrol supervisor down here, the stories and information he has is downright spooky. While border crossings by illegalís are down, they are seeing a much higher percentage of violent felons that have been previously convicted in the US or Mexico. The dope smugglers are a higher percentage of their business and they are getting shot at regularly from the Mexican side as well as the US side. If the American public actually knew of the situation on the southern border Janet Napolitano would tossed out of office on her butt.

We all need to appreciate the BP, those guys do a thankless job, and our government does not support them. I it did we would have a fence along the Mexican border like the Israeliís have along the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Janet Napolitano was a useless Governor of Arizona and as Head Of Homeland Security you would think she works for the Mexicans.

Locked and Loaded on the Border

Steve

I carry 4 15 round mags of 40 cal for my MP 40 when working as a guard.
    when CCW i carry 2 mags.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast