How much ammo do you carry. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How much ammo do you carry.

I carry 2 12 round mags on my person and 1 10 round mag in the car. so, i guess three is the magic number.

15+1 in my Glock 22. Backed up with 15 and 15 in the two spare mags I usually carry.

4. I carry what the 1911 holds.
    One clip in the car.
    I do not carry anything else.
    My 1911 will not fail me when called on.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Andy1911 View Post
    I carry what the 1911 holds.
    One clip in the car.
    I do not carry anything else.
    My 1911 will not fail me when called on.
    I hope your right about that. I havenít heard of a 1911 that didnít have a hiccup or two yet.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

6. When you’re driving down the road one day away from home and the Terrorist/Muslims manage to set a bomb off and the EMP Electro Magnetic Pulse from it destroys all electrical components in your vehicle and cell phone communications are gone, a few extra clips on hand may be comforting to keep in the vehicle.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Quote Originally Posted by mpohio View Post
    Not that it couldn't happen, but I have never heard of a FiveSeven Mag failing. They have pretty damn good quality control(I guess good enough to stake my life on it ;) )
    Neither have I which is the main reason why I am in no rush to figure out how to carry an extra mag. I have heard of some parts of the magazine breaking off with some of the better ammo, but nothing to the point which caused the mag to fail. People have added the ten round extender with the stronger spring, and haven't heard of those failing either.

A few months ago I heard of someone putting two extender kits on one mag to hold forty rounds. I think that might be pushing it.

Any mechanical device will fail at some point. I carry guns in pairs(New York Reload). It is faster to draw a second gun than to fix a problem with your primary gun. I started doing that 35 years ago. Also,A good friend's father was a ww2 vet and long time pawn broker. He said that having a plan "B" was always a good deal. He said, "carrying guns in pairs avoids confusion when things get interesting. Also, if you are down to your backup gun, you are probably in more trouble than you were in when you started, so you need a bigger gun, not a smaller one.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by .45acp View Post
    I live on the border about 7 miles north of Mexico, and geography does play into my carry. Those signs that have made the news recently warning people of illegal and smuggling activities are all over the areas we like to explore. Around the house and in town I carry 1911 1+8 and 2 spare 8 rd mags on me, with a Maxpedition sling pack with 8 more loaded 8 rd mags.

The wife and I like to get out in the bush on and explore the back roads all along the border, for those trips the 1911, 10 mags an M4 Flattop (ACOG 3x sight with Red Dot on top) with 6 - 30 round mags in the Maxpedition plus a ScatterGun Technologies 12 ga. With 25 slugs and 25 000 Buck loads. The extra mags for the 1911 and M4 and shotgun loads are in the Maxpedition sling pack. Wife carries her Sig with 1 + 15 and 2 spare 15 round mags.

We each have a 3 liter Camelback and the usual fire, signaling, med kit ect.

A buddy of mine is a Border Patrol supervisor down here, the stories and information he has is downright spooky. While border crossings by illegalís are down, they are seeing a much higher percentage of violent felons that have been previously convicted in the US or Mexico. The dope smugglers are a higher percentage of their business and they are getting shot at regularly from the Mexican side as well as the US side. If the American public actually knew of the situation on the southern border Janet Napolitano would tossed out of office on her butt.

We all need to appreciate the BP, those guys do a thankless job, and our government does not support them. I it did we would have a fence along the Mexican border like the Israeliís have along the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Janet Napolitano was a useless Governor of Arizona and as Head Of Homeland Security you would think she works for the Mexicans.

Locked and Loaded on the Border

Steve
    My friend, IF I were in charge, the military would be out of the Middle East and back home on the boarder - with orders to shoot on sight any Illegal Alien activity. Oh, and to hell with what the tree huggers and the rest of the world would say. This is our country and that is that. I would be, if I were you, carrying ALL the time and have plenty of ammo on hand.

Depends on the holster when I CC my 1911. Shoulder, +2 extra. SOB 1 spare. If I carry my wheel, I don't normally carry any spare rounds. Kind of troubling now I think about it. Not sure if I really want to carry a speed loader. TOO much girth, not flat enough for much concealment. Probably will stick to my 1911 for now.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Cool How much ammo.......

One mag (13 rds) +1 (JHP) in my Glock 23. Also carry 2 13 rd mags of JHP. Retired Grunt mentioned someone advising him to use tracers. I learned in the military if you use tracers you not only see where your round went, you also showed the BG where it came from.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast