Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??

Beretta Tomcat or Cheetah, or Sig P238. My wife carries the Tomcat Inox daily, even at work. She doesn't even wear a belt. Just straps it to the waistband of her pants (IWB).

With the advances in todays trigger pulls for Semi-Auto DA/SA and DA only, and the internal hammer safeties in case of dropping it, I say NO to a manual safety.

Just one more thing to forget to do in an emergency situation.

And if it does have a manual safety/Decocker, after chambering a round and decocking, I would leave the safety in the "fire" position while carrying. Keep you safety in the "Safe" position for SA guns of course.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

I had a Tomcat... Didn't like it. Kinda heavy and it pinched my finger between the trigger and trigger guard with every shot.

I vote Kahr PM9 (mass model). I just picked up one of these (non-mass model) and it is a joy to shoot. Very well built, very small and 9mm firepower is nice.

If you can find one with a manual safety go for it...

Well Saturday she tried the Ruger LCP...and hated it. Even though she has tiny hands, she felt the grip was too small, not to mention the sights were useless <lol>
    She did like the feel of the .380 caliber recoil. Next week we will be back at the range for her to shoot the LCR as she felt the grips were more substantial. One good thing came of the trip. I had the range master talk to her about the manual safety concern. This guy mad his point the best way possible. She was worked that it would go off if she fell, dropped it or if someone bumped into her. He loaded the LCR with blanks cocked it & chucked it 10 feet to show her it would not discharge. I saw the smile on her face when that gun hit the floor hard & nothing happened.
    I think a manual safety won't be a big concern for her anymore!

I have to say she is pretty good at shooting. Using the LCR from the hip she hit her target at 7 yards consistently without aiming through the sights.

We will be going through the gun list compiled from this thread on a weekly basis until she finds her "happy" gun!.

please consider a Kahr PM9 or MK9

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    Well Saturday she tried the Ruger LCP...and hated it. Even though she has tiny hands, she felt the grip was too small, not to mention the sights were useless <lol>
    She did like the feel of the .380 caliber recoil. Next week we will be back at the range for her to shoot the LCR as she felt the grips were more substantial. One good thing came of the trip. I had the range master talk to her about the manual safety concern. This guy mad his point the best way possible. She was worked that it would go off if she fell, dropped it or if someone bumped into her. He loaded the LCR with blanks cocked it & chucked it 10 feet to show her it would not discharge. I saw the smile on her face when that gun hit the floor hard & nothing happened.

I have to say she is pretty good at shooting. Using the LCR from the hip she hit her target at 7 yards consistently without aiming through the sights.

We will be going through the gun list compiled from this thread on a weekly basis until she finds her "happy" gun!.
    Well since the safety requirement has been lifted, please consider trying the Kahr PM9 (polymer) or MK9 (stainless steel--same size).

The beauty of these guns is the grip is very very very comfortable for many people. I am a woman with average size hands and I haven't found a gun that FITS better than a Kahr yet. I have a friend with big mitts, and he said it felt REALLY nice for him too. Add to that the THIN profile, which translates to ease of concealment. Trigger pull is smooth as glass and the same every time because it is a double action only design. Finally, you get a 9mm gun in the same size as many .380s ... more bang for your buck :)

Good luck!

BERSA JUST came out with a 15 ROUND version of their .380 Thunder called the Thunder Plus.

Have her try a Glock 26 or 27 as well.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

CZ has several models w/ manual safeties they also have the advantage of being able to be carried in DA/SA mode w/ out the safety once your wife becomes more confident w/ them.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post

You can get a Crimson Laserguard for the LCP or a Crimson Trace Laser grip for the LCR. I was laughing when you said the sights weren't worth much. Then I read about how well your wife shot from the hip.
    You found out for yourself you don't need sights for these guns though the Laser sure helps. Your wife and the gun did just what you would hope for in a self defense situation.
    BTW the way she shoots Just tell her... "Whatever you say lady, you're the boss!"

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    You can get a Crimson Laserguard for the LCP or a Crimson Trace Laser grip for the LCR. I was laughing when you said the sights weren't worth much. Then I read about how well your wife shot from the hip.
    You found out for yourself you don't need sights for these guns though the Laser sure helps. Your wife and the gun did just what you would hope for in a self defense situation.
    BTW the way she shoots Just tell her... "Whatever you say lady, you're the boss!"
    I have the Crimson on my Sigma & I love it. It was accurate right out of the box!
    I taught my wife how to shoot using my old S&W model 19-5 with a 6" barrel. I found it remarkable that after only a few months she could shoot that .357 from the hip & get close to bulls-eye consistently.
    As far as her being the boss, here's one for "fear factor"...
    Through the iron sights she shoots the crotch out of the silhouettes. A nice close knit pattern.

11. Sig 238 in 380 SIG Sauer P238 Special Edition Rainbow Titanium Semi-Automatic Handgun .380 ACP #SIG-238380RBT you will not find this any cheaper than $422 any where. It has a safety and is more or less like a mini 1911.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast