Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Which Compact gun have MANUAL safety??

Sig just anounced a new sub-compact. P290 9mm, 5.5 in. overall length, 3.9 in. high, .09 in. width, mig capacity6-8 rounds. MSRP $530.00

Quote Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
    She does NOT want a Glock, She wants manual safety, the kind that you can FEEL
    The Glock has a manual safety, it's built into the trigger. That's what the second little lever thingie is, a manual safety. If you do not manually disengage the trigger safety, the Glock won't go bang. I honestly don't know why this is that complex.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The Glock has a manual safety, it's built into the trigger. That's what the second little lever thingie is, a manual safety. If you do not manually disengage the trigger safety, the Glock won't go bang. I honestly don't know why this is that complex.
    I don't have a Glock and haven't even looked at one closely really, so I'm curious..
    Is it possible that something other than a finger could disengage the trigger safety?
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

Quote Originally Posted by kerb View Post
    I don't have a Glock and haven't even looked at one closely really, so I'm curious..
    Is it possible that something other than a finger could disengage the trigger safety?
    It is possible for a particle to travel through an aluminum soda can and its liquid contents without disturbing the can or the contents. This is due to a phenomina called tunnelling, where by the particle travels trough the empty space of the matter that makes up the can and its contents. The probability of such an event happening, while finite and mathmatically calculatable, is so infinitesimly small that it will not happen within the livetime of our universe.

With the above mentioned, technically yes it is possible, but within the lifetime of our universe it is highly unlikely.

Well I have finally got her "I NEED A MANUAL SAFETY" fears quelled.
    Since her CCP is due in soon, we have tested a few more and she feels comfortable w/o a manual safety.
    Todays test trials were:
    The Bersa 380 - felt good but the range gun died after a few shots
    The Walther PPK - great action but the she couldn't ain with the iron sights
    The Sig 232 - Nice gun, hell I liked it...but she can't see spending that much. I tried.

After we went to the gun shop to "browse" and she spotted a Kel-Tec 9mm & really liked the Ruger SP9 compact. Those will be the next 2 she shoots.

I was happy to see her step up from the 380 for 2 reasons, bigger gang & cheaper cost of ammo !

Manual safeties can get you killed in a stressful situation, I have no use for them on a pistol.
    Ruger LCP and Springfield XD-9 subcompact

Quote Originally Posted by Pokey View Post
    Manual safeties can get you killed in a stressful situation, I have no use for them on a pistol.
    Yes and no. If you train your muscle memory to flip that safety off as you draw, then you'll do it under stress just as you would in training.

What gets you killed is not training.

Having said that I don't carry any of my carry guns w/ the safety engaged
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Smith and Wesson makes/made a number of models all the way up to .45. 4516, 4003 TSW, etc...

Sig P238 (SA) (wife carry) .380
    Sccy CPX-1 (DAO) (My Carry) 9mm

If you've got the $$$ go, figure out what caliber you want and what size you are willing to carry, and narrow it down from there.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post

If you've got the $$$ go, figure out what caliber you want and what size you are willing to carry, and narrow it down from there.
    The dollars are there but my wife is...let's say frugal. At least with respect to a tool that she hopes never to be used. So, I she insists the budget is $500 of less <LOL>

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    Smith and Wesson makes/made a number of models all the way up to .45. 4516, 4003 TSW, etc...
    She prefers to stay to .38 cal or below. She doesn't like my 40 cal or my 357 (although she does like the revolver with 38 loads) due to the recoil, so there will be a limitation in caliber but it will wind up being between 380, 38, or 9mm.
    It's better than no gun at all.
    At least she understands that the very small caliber weapons would not be a smart choice due to limitation in stopping power.

Were are real close.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast