Which one should I carry when I get my permit?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which one should I carry when I get my permit?

Which one should I carry when I get my permit?

Hello all,
    I'm looking for some great insight to all who are carrying their beloved guns, on a daily basis. I personally am in love with the SW 357 short barrel 3-4in or basic snub, or a 44mag same specs. This'll be carry on a shoulder strap, any ideas on which one would be more universal for everyday carry?

Thanks,
    Thornton8000

You'll have to learn to carry the one you choose, but choose the one your proficient with, and that feels best in your hands.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

Which one should i carry when I get my permit?

Thanks I've used the 357 snub, back about 8yrs ago, but am in love with the way the 44mag 3in handles and looks and I've always enjoyed the more powerful hanguns, rifles, shot guns. Was always a glutten for punishment!
    Any thoughts, ideas and personal usage is very welcome!

Thanks again,
    Thornton8000

I carry my 1911 using a shoulder. Weapon is parallel to the ground. Too much protrusion if the weapons vertical. Also it would ride too high into the arm pit. I'm going for comfort and ease of draw. I do like ability to carry 2 extra Mags. Not sure how your speed loaders would fit. JAY is dead on (PUN INTENDED) with his direction. "one your proficient with, and that feels best in your hands"
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

If you could group both guns in a rapid fire situation, the call is yours.
    Personally I would go with the .357 just for the fact that ammo is cheaper, which means more range time.

Im fond of my P944, but like they said above. Find one you like and can handle
    "If at first ya dont succeed, hit it harder, or get a bigger hammer"

Not to hijack the thread, but what shoulder holster system are you planning on using? I personally like the Miami Classic from Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

I like the Charter Arms .44 Bulldog Pug.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

As already pointed out, you must carry what you are competent with and have confidence in. There are people who carry large, heavy revolvers and semi-auto pistols. Most people, after trying to carry their ideal gun, settle on something smaller, thinner, lighter. The best carry weapon is the one you have with you when you need it. The one you left in the safe because it was just too much trouble to tote it that day won't help you a bit. Whatever you choose, choose something you really will carry. Like most of us, you will likely go through several before you find what works best for you.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

You will figure it all out when you start to carry. I carry every day, and started out with a S&W .40. Now I pack a Walther P22 with Stinger ammo. I can get off ten rounds with it in the same time I shoot 2 with the .40 and in a tighter group. Of course with the .40 you only need one good shot. This debate goes on forever and there is no answer. It's a matter of preference.

I still carry the .40 once in a while when working in neighborhoods where I know I'd be outgunned with the Walther, or when I'm in bear country. They tend to shrug off .22's.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast