Remington 700 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 700

Quote Originally Posted by Lowjiber View Post
    Colleen,

IMHO the video above simply "shoots the messenger", who we realize is just a reporter.

My question to Remington is..."What about the seemingly endless list of incidents with the 700." Are each of these just some kind of plot? I doubt it seriously.

I watched the entire hour-long show last night and was astounded by Remington's denial of what appear to be legitimate issues, law suits, and charges against Remington.

As a long-time NRA member and obviously a supporter of gun ownership and the 2nd amendment, I still contend that Remington needs to face these charges...not with denials or attempts to discredit the messenger, but with an honest approach to answering some pretty tough questions.
    I finally watched that show last night. They bring up some compelling points. That said there are always two sides to the story. The reporter has a vested interest in making Remington look bad (awards, ratings, etc). Remington has a vested interest in protecting their reputation.

The part that shocked me though was the expert for one of the suing families stating that "what is a safe direction when you don't know when the weapon is going to fire?" How about at the ground? In the air? At a tree? Downrange? Any direction OTHER than at your child (using the quoted case as an example)? This is doubly true if you are unloading the weapon, since this means the weapon is loaded! If someone is accidently killed because a gun "went off" the holder of that gun is responsible for the damage (or death) it causes. It doesn't mean the design did not but it means the person holding the gun did fail.

Has the military ever reported any incidents with this weapon? Police forces who use it with their SWAT teams? Professional guides? They showed someone in camoflauge with his face blocked out having this happen but it appeared to be a hidden video camera so it is hard to tell what happened.

Will the weapon fire if the bolt is closed with a finger on the trigger?

I will caution everyone to be careful what you believe, especially if you get info from CNBC. Ask General Motors about how trustworthy NBC is.

I have had a modle 700 chambered in .270 since i was 14 years old. It has been my trusted deer rifle and i have shot hundreds of rounds through it. Never once has it discharged accidently.

4. Model 700 .308 had for 35 years hundreds of rounds never a miss fire.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12