No CCW At Movie Theatre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No CCW At Movie Theatre

No CCW At Movie Theatre

I live pretty close to a local theater in Tampa and noticed this past time that they don't allow firearms. I haven't noticed that at any other theaters but am wondering if that is the norm? I wasn't carrying at the time and guess I could just leave it in the car. But I may venture out to other theaters to see if any are CCW friendly.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

here in Va. AMC and TINSELTOWN usa theaters dont allow firearms. I would simply take my buisness elsewhere. :)

There was at least one

in the mall at Bellingham, WA that was posted. I just quit going to that one and went to another that had no visible signage.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Luke..

I know you're trying to be a good law-abiding citizen and all that.. BUT...

I always carry when I'm away from my home...24/7...All they could do if you were 'busted' is ask you to leave their property.... the only place I never carry is in off limits State and Federal buildings, where you could indeed be in some trouble if discovered.

I sometimes attend theaters in our area, and am always armed when there. What they can't see, or don't know, they can do nothing about... It is afterall, about concealed carry.

So 'carry on' Sir!...the life you save might be mine!

Flc

Quote Originally Posted by flcracker View Post

I always carry when I'm away from my home...24/7...All they could do if you were 'busted' is ask you to leave their property.... the only place I never carry is in off limits State and Federal buildings, where you could indeed be in some trouble if discovered.

Flc
    You better check your state laws on that...in CT it specifically says you can't carry on school grounds, state and federal buildings, AND anywhere that bans weapons on their property.

That would require me to actually go to the movies... The last movie I saw in the theater was Firewall... if that tells you anything. I just can't see spending that much money on a movie, when I can just wait, and get the DVD... That's just me though. But that being said, I've not seen the sign on the theaters where I live, but hey - it's been a long time too...
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by flcracker View Post

I sometimes attend theaters in our area, and am always armed when there. What they can't see, or don't know, they can do nothing about... It is afterall, about concealed carry.

So 'carry on' Sir!...the life you save might be mine!

Flc
    But then if you had to use your weapon there for some reason, wouldn't you be at risk since you weren't supposed to have it? I'd rather find another theater.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

You better check your state laws on that...in CT it specifically says you can't carry on school grounds, state and federal buildings, AND anywhere that bans weapons on their property.

Well damn me! I forgot to mention school grounds...and yes, they are LEGALLY off limits... The FL stats regarding CCW come included with each and every CCW issued and will explain it all in detail...

However, where private property is concerned, there are no LEGAL limits to carry...unless the property owner or his agent asks you to leave, and you want to challenge, you could likely face a criminal trespass charge...if asked, JUST LEAVE...and don't return. Your money is most welcome at more reasonable places... Do you think a BG gives a ***** about 'posted' business's?

Concealed is concealed...how they gonna know if they never see it?

Those few of us left who are natives down here were sometimes heard to say ..."We don't give a damn how they do it up north!" Take note.

Flc

Is the sign new? many chain business leave things like that to the local manager of each store. you may have a sign from a new manager that thinks they are protecting people from the BG and not realizing their actually helping the BG.
    A letter/e-mail to the main office may get you an answer confirming this and you could talk to the manager,maybe they will remove the sign. They don't always understand the sign will not stop the BG.
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

But then if you had to use your weapon there for some reason, wouldn't you be at risk since you weren't supposed to have it? I'd rather find another theater.

You're at a lot more risk, if you have to defend yourself, or a loved one, or even ME!...

Acquaint yourself with the law in our state regarding the use of deadly force...you have every right to use such if truely and REASONABLY necessary... Wherever you're at at the time. What can a business/property owner do in retaliation to your doing so?...Not anything really...if you have violated no STATUATORY law...you are even pretty much totally immune to being sued as an after-fact, if it's considered a 'rightious' shoot.

Good luck on going anywhere in that city unarmed...Hope the day never comes that you need it, and don't have it...

Flc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast