IT'S JUST THE LAW: Police Protection Law - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IT'S JUST THE LAW: Police Protection Law

Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    I thank the use of tasers should be restricted to women only. I personally think they are being miss used by the Police. Any 200# + Cop that uses one on a Innocent person should be fired or be a legal target.
    I also think that a police officer kicking someone in the ribs twice who is handcuffed faced down on the sidewalk should be illegal.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I also think that a police officer kicking someone in the ribs twice who is handcuffed faced down on the sidewalk should be illegal.
    It *is* illegal, isn't it?

I just watched the video someone posted in another thread "The Largest Street Gang in America".
    Holy crap!
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

If I was on a Jury, involving someone shooting a Cop after being hit with a taser or being kicked while being handcuffed, I would vote innocent on all counts till hell freezes over.

The Police are - generally - good people doing a largely unappreciated, hard job under difficult conditions...I don't envy them all aspects of their job. But they can't be everywhere, and they have no obligation to protect you anyway, only to keep the general Peace. Hence the New Jersey effort to get CCW implemented in the State. But like any entity staffed by people there are certain standards you can expect: you can expect them to stick together...that's what practically ANY group of people who work together tend to do; you can expect them to observe the 90/10 Rule, where 10% of the group do 90% of the work; and you can expect that they'll have their share of bad apples (to be kind) which, human nature being what it is, will get the bulk of the attention/publicity and paint the rest of them with the same brush.

By and large, I like cops...most of them have a sense of humor I can relate to easily (work hard/play hard). I tried to become one many years ago. And I find that - if you're stopped and you don't come across like a turd, they'll do their job, not bust your chops, and return you to your regularly scheduled life. But there are exceptions, and it's unfortunate that those things happen. All you can do is do your part not to add to the conditions that contribute to a negative confrontation and hope for the best.

One man's opinion...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    The Police are - generally - good people doing a largely unappreciated, hard job under difficult conditions... All you can do is do your part not to add to the conditions that contribute to a negative confrontation and hope for the best.

One man's opinion...
    Excellent post Ektarr,pretty much sums it up!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. I have been a member of several non-gun related forums, but I am fairly new to gun forums. Frankly, I am surprised at the amount of anti-police sentiment on the gun boards. Maybe it is just my perception that there are many negative comments regarding LEOs.....

I tend to put the cops into the "good guys" category. I would not want to do without them. However, I am the primary safekeeper of self and family, not the police.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12