At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University

At least 18 shot at Northern Illinois University

Sad!

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/14/uni...ing/index.html

(CNN) -- At least 18 people have been shot at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting.

The University has ordered its student body to seek shelter and canceled classes Thursday.

"Its has been confirmed that there has been a shooting on campus and several people have been taken away by ambulance," the school said in a posting on its DeKalb campus Web site. "All classes are canceled on the DeKalb campus. People are urged not to come to campus."

Gotta love the news! Now the count is:
    "At least two people have been shot and several injured at Northern Illinois University outside Chicago, CNN affiliates are reporting."

Another reason to allow duly authorized people to carry on campus with a permit.
    An armed society is a polite society.

5. How could this happen again? Easy in a "gun free zone" but you won't hear anything about that in the news.

Solution to the problem? Restrict the rights of Americans to protect themselves even further. That you WILL hear in the news.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

6. Angry No surprise!!!

Being one of only 2 states that do not allow their citizens to carry concealed weapons it is not a surprise this has happened. The only surprise is how long it took to happen.

Hopefully this opens the eyes of the bleeding heart liberals in my state to allow its law abiding citizens to carry concealed.

I wish, hope, and pray the students have a speedy recovery and when they are feeling better they sue everyone of the states congress people that are or have been in office for allowing this to happen.

Once again another black eye for Barack Obama. If he can't ensure the safety of his fellow residents how will he ensure the safety of this country.

Latest is that 13 people have been shot.

"Most of the 13 wounded were shot in the head, said Theresa Comitas, spokeswoman for Kishwaukee Community Hospital, located about 10 minutes from the school."

And the "gun man" died of a self inflicted gun shot wound. So once again someone goes on a rampage until he decided it was over and took his own life!

I must be stupid. I thought that if they just keep putting more and more restrictions on fire arms I would be safer and safer.

GOD I love FL. I'm so sorry to hear about this happening AGAIN.
    Unapologetic American
    NRA/IDPA/USPSA/GSSF

"Grady said it was unlikely authorities could have prevented Thursday's tragedy. "As much as we do, it's unlikely that anyone would ever have the ability to stop an incident like this from beginning," he said."

You're right authorities likely cound not have prevented this but what about one or two armed students??? How many of those innocent young lives could have been saved?

saying 6 dead now. 4 died at the scene including the idiot... I mean gunman. then 2 more died at the hospital.

and here we go. everytime this crap happens I can just hear the anti-gun people saying how bad and dangerous "guns" are. and a lot less focus on how sick the lunatic was who did it. is anyone else tired of this?
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Did it out of order....

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    And the "gun man" died of a self inflicted gun shot wound. So once again someone goes on a rampage until he decided it was over and took his own life!
    All these mad men need to do is start by shooting themselves first and all of this fuss will be ended early on. That is the sad reality of it all!
    The Iceman, Akron, Oh
    Shoot straight and be safe...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast