Derringer - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derringer

I often carry a .357 Mag COP. These are out of production and usually engender quite a bit of debate. I have had two of them and found mine to be easy to conceal but heavy for thier size. But not so much so as to keep me from often taking it along. I definately don't feel underguned and can put all four rounds where they need to go at what I concider to be reasonable self defence range. Derringers are not for everyone but there are those of us who use them for any number of reasons. For many others I am sure my COP would be a poor choice.

Tell me more, tell me more

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    That is an excellent idea. I used to have one, and I foolishly let it get away from me.
    Sorry for the "Grease" referance, but tell me more, tell me more. I have never gotten a chance to fire a Frontier Four but I have always found the design interesting. I think it would be neat if NAA would make a 22WMR version.

Quote Originally Posted by 901-Memphis View Post
    I just don't think a derringer has much place other than a collection, being as they are known to have poor accuracy at even the smallest of distances and the poor capacity as well.

I think any of the hot 380s can make a good backup, like the LCP, TCP, or the keltec . I really like the Kahr P380 but the price is further north than most will pay.
    In Cowboy Action Shooting we use a derringer in a side match. Cowboys consistantly hit 2-playing cards 3 to 4 inches apart, from a range of 5 to 6 feet, in under one second, from the low ready position. Not bad I would say.

Derringer

Well, I did it! Bought the Bond Arms in 9mm. Took it to the range & was quite impressed with this little gun. Not much kick or recoil in the 9mm, and from 7 yds. it was pretty accurate. Will be getting the .45/410 barrel after XMas.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Sorry for the "Grease" referance, but tell me more, tell me more. I have never gotten a chance to fire a Frontier Four but I have always found the design interesting. I think it would be neat if NAA would make a 22WMR version.
    They are very fun and cheap to shoot. They fit in the watch pocket of most blue jeans.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12