Moving to Nevada from Tn
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Nevada from Tn

1. Moving to Nevada from Tn

I was hoping to get as much information as possible on carry laws, both oc & cc, for Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also, does Nevada allow transfer of permit like a DL or do I have to start all over and apply for a NV carry permit from scratch?

3. Nobody?

4. Real helpful community I see.

Quote Originally Posted by eb31 View Post
    I was hoping to get as much information as possible on carry laws, both oc & cc, for Las Vegas, Nevada.

Also, does Nevada allow transfer of permit like a DL or do I have to start all over and apply for a NV carry permit from scratch?
    You have to start all over. You have to take an eight hour class plus qualify for each semi you want to carry (but just one revolver). I don't know if NV accepts TN permits but it can take up to 120 days to get a NV permit though Metro has been pretty good in getting them out after about 30 days or so.

OC isn't addressed in the laws, but you shouldn't have a problem unless you are on the strip. If you are OC on the strip, expect a visit from the police.

Real helpful community I see.
    You posted around Midnight according to what I see on the screen. People do tend to sleep around then, even in Las Vegas.

What part of Tennessee are you moving too? Do a search on the Tennessee Freedoms Firearm Act and visit this page from the state, Handgun Carry Permits. I think you will find all the information you will need.
    FYI, Open carry in TN is legal with a permit. Otherwise it's a no no. Open carry is becoming more common at least out in the country where I live but in the big city's you may be risking a visit from the police.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Real helpful community I see.
    I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation of sitting and checking this forum every couple of hours to look up your answers for you. Actually, to meet the criteria between your first two posts we would have to check in every 1/2 hour. Would you like our phone numbers so you can page us so that we don't inconvenience you longer than necessary?

Let me google that for you

You will also have to register all of your handguns with LVMPD within 60 days of moving to Clark County.

Talking maybe you should move to Texas??

All my ex's live in Texas
    And Texas is the place I'd dearly love to be
    But all my ex's live in Texas
    And that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

Sorry couldn't help myself

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I am truly sorry that we didn't meet your expectation of sitting and checking this forum every couple of hours to look up your answers for you. Actually, to meet the criteria between your first two posts we would have to check in every 1/2 hour. Would you like our phone numbers so you can page us so that we don't inconvenience you longer than necessary?

Let me google that for you

You will also have to register all of your handguns with LVMPD within 60 days of moving to Clark County.
    Im sorry eb31 but......
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

11. eb31 didn't even come back and thank us! How rude!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast