Manufactured Ammo - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manufactured Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    More commonly referred to as fingernail polish.
    Ok, not to sound ignorant (or paranoid); after more than 100 years of creating ammo (and the last 20 -30 years of new cartridges, calibers, loads, and the technology that created (and/or corrected and/or modified) some of them; why only now are they starting to use "RED" sealer on the primer end of the cartridge. I am sure that sealer has been (is being) used (consistently) on most ammo. Why all of a sudden start using "RED" dyed sealer? It makes reading the info on the ammo just a tiny little bit more difficult (not easier); that alone should make someone question the reason ammo manufacturers "suddenly" start placing "Red" Dyed sealer on their cartridges. Reading this, I sound like a paranoid (even to myself); it's just that (to me), there is no logic in it.

3. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You mean that you don't purchase your own?

Gun shop doesn't carry nail polish.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterLee View Post
    Ok, not to sound ignorant (or paranoid); after more than 100 years of creating ammo (and the last 20 -30 years of new cartridges, calibers, loads, and the technology that created (and/or corrected and/or modified) some of them; why only now are they starting to use "RED" sealer on the primer end of the cartridge. I am sure that sealer has been (is being) used (consistently) on most ammo. Why all of a sudden start using "RED" dyed sealer? It makes reading the info on the ammo just a tiny little bit more difficult (not easier); that alone should make someone question the reason ammo manufacturers "suddenly" start placing "Red" Dyed sealer on their cartridges. Reading this, I sound like a paranoid (even to myself); it's just that (to me), there is no logic in it.
    Sellier & Bellot ammo has that sealer - red that is - around the primer. I have seem some military type ammo with various colors of sealers on them, but beyond that I don't know exactly what is up with that particular color of sealer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12