Manufactured Ammo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manufactured Ammo

Manufactured Ammo

I have a question for everyone / anyone who might have knowledge of "Manufactured Ammo". I have noticed that a lot of "Store-Bought" ammo lately has "Red Dyed" Primers in them. Is this just a Manufacturer's "visual" aid, to advertise that particular manufacturer?, Is the Bullet manufacturer doing it for some safety purpose? Is it a new "Aid" (the red dye might have a sealant) to further the life of the ammo? Or what? Has anyone seen these bullets?I would think that most everyone would have to have noticed this (if they buy ammo). Any Ideas?

I see this in Golden Sabre bullets. I think it is to seal the primers to the cartridge case, in effect waterproofing. Ensuring dry powder to prevent duds when you would most need a dependable round.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    My favorite.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    My favorite.
    Which is your favorite? The $8.00 bottle of George and Roy's or the $.50 bottle of fingernail polish?

Which is your favorite? The $8.00 bottle of George and Roy's or the $.50 bottle of fingernail polish?
    Fingernail polish.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Fingernail polish.
    My wife just read this and informed me that fingernail polish hasn't been $.50 a bottle in decades. Oh well....

My wife just read this and informed me that fingernail polish hasn't been $.50 a bottle in decades. Oh well....
    That's true, but I don't use it because of price. In my experience (40yrs) fingernail polish is the best thing I've used to seal any primer. Regardless of time or conditions, I've never had a round fail to shoot after sealing with it.
    Americas Epitaph

That's true, but I don't use it because of price. In my experience (40yrs) fingernail polish is the best thing I've used to seal any primer. Regardless of time or conditions, I've never had a round fail to shoot after sealing with it.
    Does your wife get all when she finds half of her bottle of polish gone after each reloading session?

Does your wife get all when she finds half of her bottle of polish gone after each reloading session?
    You mean that you don't purchase your own?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast