CZ Pistols - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ Pistols

Exclamation

Have a C Z 100 most inaccurate POS I have ever owned...... except for maybe Taurus...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Scottsdale, AZ - Keowee Falls South Carolina
    The CZs are, indeed, fine guns. I own 6-8 of different models. I have never had any complaints on them - reliable, sturdy, accurate. I particularly like the semi-compact as a carry gun. It is not light, but the ergonomics are great, it's very accurate and it sits well in a minimal holster on my hip.

Regards,

Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy"
    տլ
    -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------
    Desert Mountain -- Scottsdale, AZ
    The Cliffs, Keowee Falls South -- South Carolina
    NRA Life Member
    Photos: Keyboard-Cowboy's Photos
    -----------<========<<0++0>>========>-----------

4. I own the CZ P-01 (also named CZ 75D compact) and it is a fantastic pistol. I have around 1,000 rounds through mine and I hve had no issues with it whatsoever. It is also a very accurate handgun. I've read posts by others that criticize the trigger but I have no issues with it.

The P-01 is a compact, polymer frame 9mm. It typically comes with two 13 round magazines. Size wise it is compaable to the Glock 23 and the Sig p239. I also have a Sig p226 (larger) and a Kahr MK9 (smaller) chambered in 9mm, but the c is my favorite.

About the only issue is that the felt recoil is a little higher than other 9 mm weapons that I've fired. Not unmanageable, just higher. This is mostly with defensive ammo that you can really notice a difference.

Overall, it's a fantastic handgun, with excellent accuracy, very good capacity and reasonable concealability.

The CZ is a well built, accurate pistol that feels just right in your hand when shooting.
    I have also shot & own Bul Cherokees & IWI Jerichos that are CZ clones & have a lot of interchangeable parts (not trying to promote other weapons, it's just that they are basically CZs) & have fallen in love with the platform.
    That being said, you might want to look at the CZ, Bul, & Jericho for price comparison. Either way you can't go wrong.
    The CZ forum is also a great resource for info. You might also want to visit www.941forum.com

I went for double trouble by adding a 75- SP-01 tactical & the 75- P-07 duty (both 9mm) to my collection.
    The SP is one SMOOOOOTH mutha to shoot, while my P-07 suffers to some extent from the polymer kick, most undoubtedly due to the loss of weight from the polymer frame. The size is great tho, not too big & not too small and at 16 rnds in the mag its a force to be recond with. I have less than 100 rnds thru it so i can't give ya much of a indepth report on how it shoots just yet but a buddy of mine has the old 75 compact & says its more like the SP's (not suprising due to the added weight of the all steel design) but thats always been the trade-off...
    The P-01 looks like another great alternative.... it holds a respectable 14 rnds
    Bottomline, can't go wrong with any CZ !!

Thumbs up

PAST/OLD:
    I own the older model CZ-52 which is a C&R (Curio & Relic) firearm. Never any problems except when I tried out some very old ammo with bad primers. Mine works great and even has a functional decocker. It's a quality firearm, built like a tank with a funky rolling block action. Shoots a hot, flat shooting round, but a little heavy for CC. It's shown here after I switched the old original bakelite grips in favor of the Hogue "Exotic Wood" grips:

PRESENT/MODERN:
    I also own the CZ-75 P-01 Compact.

I used the mod directions I found on the CZ forum to make the wrap around rubber Hogue grip for the full size CZ-75 fit the compact CZ (at that time Hogue didn't yet make one for the P-01), and it works absolutely great! Gave the gun a whole new level of stability, contol and comfort in my hand.

It has a fixed barrel and is very accurate for a compact. Mine is in OD green. I would recommend the pistol as I have had no malfs or problems of any kind since I bought it over 4 years ago. And at $400, it was a great value for the pistol IMO.

With the std grips:

After changing to the Hogue:
    "No one knows what it's like to be the bad man...." -The Who

I have a CZ 40 i got in a trade that I didn't really want. It works well and fired flawlessly no matter what ammo I used. It feels good in the hand for sure, it is solid and just seems to feel right. The downside is that it is just way too heavy for CC. It is on my parent's nightstand as a home gun now.

My P-01 is all metal, comes with 2x 14 rounder. I never knew P-01 has a poly frame version.

Quote Originally Posted by fdesantis View Post
    I own the CZ P-01 (also named CZ 75D compact) and it is a fantastic pistol. I have around 1,000 rounds through mine and I hve had no issues with it whatsoever. It is also a very accurate handgun. I've read posts by others that criticize the trigger but I have no issues with it.

The P-01 is a compact, polymer frame 9mm. It typically comes with two 13 round magazines. Size wise it is compaable to the Glock 23 and the Sig p239. I also have a Sig p226 (larger) and a Kahr MK9 (smaller) chambered in 9mm, but the c is my favorite.

About the only issue is that the felt recoil is a little higher than other 9 mm weapons that I've fired. Not unmanageable, just higher. This is mostly with defensive ammo that you can really notice a difference.

Overall, it's a fantastic handgun, with excellent accuracy, very good capacity and reasonable concealability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    Ok, pardon my ignorance but I don't see the 52 on CZ-USA.com. Are you referring to a pistol that fires a 7.62 round? As in the kind used in AR-15's and other assault rifles? I can't say I've ever seen/heard of that. Seems like that would kick like a mother. :)
    As has already been stated, it fires a shortened AK round, although the end is not as pointed.

The recoil is actually quite manageable and accuracy is spot on. The fireball and report are really noticeable when firing this gun and if you did miss by chance, you'll scare them to death.

If you can find one for sale, they go for about 225-250.00.

I think you may be looking for something a little newer though.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

I have an SP-01 and a 75 Compact. They are both great, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one...
    "Go back to your rooms, clean your guns, put them away, go out, beer." -Ed Stock

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast