CZ Pistols - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CZ Pistols

1. CZ Pistols

I own and carry full time a CZ 75B in .40 cal., when I am not carrying a 1911. I love the CZ guns and have found them to be very accurate, reliable and not too expensive that one can not own several.

I would buy and carry the .45 in the CZ, but I have found the grip to be too large for my hand and it does not sit well. The European American Armory Witness in the .45, a clone of the CZ, on the other hand, has a different design for the grip and it does fit well in my hand and shoots every bit as good as the CZ.

I highly recommend the CZ pistols.

I've been shooting my friends CZ-75B and have absolutely fallen in love with it. It's solid and well built. The all steel construction makes for very little recoil and it's the most accurate 9mm I've ever shot (I've shot Sigs, Glocks, and XD's). The trigger pull was incredibly smooth and the shape of the gun is comfortable and ergonomic. They are also priced pretty low. I think you get a lot of gun for your money. I plan on getting a CZ-75BD for xmas. I prefer a decocker over a manual safety. My only criticism is that I would not recommend this for CCW due to it's size and weight. But this really isn't a criticism since this gun isn't marketed for that purpose. I plan on using it as my home protection and SHTF gun because I think it'd make an excellent combat firearm.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    As has already been stated, it fires a shortened AK round, although the end is not as pointed.
    Actually, it's NOT a shortened AK round. It was in use long before Kalashnikov left the farm to fight in WWII.

There's 2 versions of the .30 Tokarev (or 7.62x25mm Tokarev, if you must). One's the .30 (7.65x21mm) Luger knockoff, low pressure pocket pistol version used in the TT-33. The other is a Russian version of the .30 (7.63x25mm) Mauser and was used in the PPSH-41 submachinegun and its' variants. Consider it a pistol round throwing out .30 carbine weight bullets at roughly carbine velocities from a 5 inch barrel.

The Czechs made the CZ 52 to use the subgun ammo and it will throw a very noticeable fireball the size of a basketball on a cloudless Alabama spring day, along with covering your flank by throwing brass 10 yards. The report is very flat sounding and LOUD. I've ran folks off the range with my CZ-52 just because they found the sound uncomfortable. ON the other hand, it is VERY, VERY flat shooting. That kinda happens when you throw 100gr bullets at those kinds of velocities.

I got a CZ P01 about 4 years ago. I got it based on info and comments on several gun forums.
    I went out to the range and it was love at first shot.
    I have over 1000 rds thru it now and it's never had a failure of any kind.
    I own more than a few handguns and the P01 is my favorite gun to shoot.
    Since then I also picked up a CZ 75 compact and a CZ75BD.
    All of them are great.
    I put those Hogue wrap around grips on the 75BD and that made what felt like a great gun feel even better.
    IMO Can't go wrong with a CZ--I love mine and will be getting more as funds allow--I've had my eye on the 97BD for awhile now but they are tough to find around here--but--if I see one --it will be mine

6. CZ

I carry a CZ Rami 40. Have for some years. For those distinguishing shooters, you will absolutely want to do a trigger job as even the CZ dealers say they are rough. That being said, I love the size, reliability, and accuracy of my Rami. They come in a 9mm for your wife, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Actually, it's NOT a shortened AK round. It was in use long before Kalashnikov left the farm to fight in WWII.

There's 2 versions of the .30 Tokarev (or 7.62x25mm Tokarev, if you must). One's the .30 (7.65x21mm) Luger knockoff, low pressure pocket pistol version used in the TT-33. The other is a Russian version of the .30 (7.63x25mm) Mauser and was used in the PPSH-41 submachinegun and its' variants. Consider it a pistol round throwing out .30 carbine weight bullets at roughly carbine velocities from a 5 inch barrel.

The Czechs made the CZ 52 to use the subgun ammo and it will throw a very noticeable fireball the size of a basketball on a cloudless Alabama spring day, along with covering your flank by throwing brass 10 yards. The report is very flat sounding and LOUD. I've ran folks off the range with my CZ-52 just because they found the sound uncomfortable. ON the other hand, it is VERY, VERY flat shooting. That kinda happens when you throw 100gr bullets at those kinds of velocities.
    I stand corrected, the .25 was in production long before the .39 was. I did know that the 7/62x39 predated the AK-47. It seemed like a good point of reference for the round dimensions though, albeit historically inaccurate.

Your right, it has an awesome fireball, a loud report and shoots like a damn laser. It's my SHTF sidearm.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Same caliber, shorter cartridge. :-)
    Completly different cartridge man :)

Follow-Up to CZ Pistols) I have a GLOCK 23 (40 SW) and bought a Lonewolf conversion barrel to 9mm (plus a 9mm 10 rd magazine/$129 delivered). You can go DOWN but NOT UP with GLOCKS for conversions (the hole will not stretch to fit a bigger barrel). GLOCK is FIRST in reliablity, dependablity and owns 60 percent of the WORLD MARKET because of it. Glocks are self defense weapons NOT designed any other way. One more point. My GLOCK has just about the same RECOIL in nine as in forty. I was told this before buying the 9mm barrel but really did not believe it. My wife can NOT tell the difference in RECOIL but I can. I like the 9mm better than using the 40 barrel. Ever-so-slightly less recoil. I enjoy shooting one handed with the 9mm, NOT SO MUCH with the 40 barrel. My next 'for fun' for both of us will be a 22 caliber lever action HENRY Frontier rifle, NO lever action is smoother and the warranty is the best in the business and if you want to talk to the president of the company he's the ONE PERSON that answers MOST ALL if not ALL of the e-mails. Also Henry rifles are made in USA. Hope this helped you out, RETIRED AND LOVING IT!

Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Bob & Wife View Post
    Follow-Up to CZ Pistols) I have a GLOCK 23 (40 SW) and bought a Lonewolf conversion barrel to 9mm (plus a 9mm 10 rd magazine/$129 delivered). You can go DOWN but NOT UP with GLOCKS for conversions (the hole will not stretch to fit a bigger barrel). GLOCK is FIRST in reliablity, dependablity and owns 60 percent of the WORLD MARKET because of it. Glocks are self defense weapons NOT designed any other way. One more point. My GLOCK has just about the same RECOIL in nine as in forty. I was told this before buying the 9mm barrel but really did not believe it. My wife can NOT tell the difference in RECOIL but I can. I like the 9mm better than using the 40 barrel. Ever-so-slightly less recoil. I enjoy shooting one handed with the 9mm, NOT SO MUCH with the 40 barrel. My next 'for fun' for both of us will be a 22 caliber lever action HENRY Frontier rifle, NO lever action is smoother and the warranty is the best in the business and if you want to talk to the president of the company he's the ONE PERSON that answers MOST ALL if not ALL of the e-mails. Also Henry rifles are made in USA. Hope this helped you out, RETIRED AND LOVING IT!
    So I'm wondering how giving me all this info on GLOCK helps me find out if the CZ is a good brand. I already know about Glocks, hence my reason for asking about CZ's, not Glocks. :-/

From what I gather, with a couple exceptions, everyone here has good things to say about CZ. I'll be seriously considering them in my next gun purchase.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Goat

11. Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingoat61 View Post
    I know this is like asking Which is better, Ford or Chevy but... What are people's opinions/experiences with CZ handguns? I was discussing guns via email with a friend and he told me how great they are, how they compare to other guns but are better in price, etc.

I carry a S&W Sigma .40 (yeah, I know, but it was my first pistol so no comments there) and I'm looking to upgrade plus get my wife a not-quite-compact 9mm. The little 380 pocket guns are just too small, in my opinion so I'm looking at 9's for her.

I mainly would like to know about quality, durability, reliability, etc. and not a bunch of non-related opinions or how great this or that brand is.

Thanks in advance.

Goat
    I must start by saying this is NOT an unbiased reply.

Of all the pistols I own, the CZs are by far the most reliable, accurate, well made and my personal favorites.

I have a CZ 85 combat, which I find to be far more accurate than I will ever be able to shoot it. It functions flawlessly, and has a fabulous trigger in SA mode.

I have a CZ 2075 RAMI as a carry weapon. despite it's three inch barrel, it is almost as accurate as the 85. I love it and and it will fire 750 to 1000 rounds without cleaning or FTF

I also have a CZ 83, which is the most accurate .380 I've ever used, but it's hard to find holsters for.

I am not a fan of polymer (Tupperware) guns, and I would advise against going anywhere NEAR a CZ 100, one of the worst handguns ever made.

My 85 and 2075 are 9mm, and no one who has tried them has anything but praise for them.

I also have S&W, Para P14 .45, and an XD.

Only the Para comes close, the others are just nowhere as good a weapon. Even the Front Sight instructors were impressed by there accuracy and durability. When I used my 2075 at 15 and 25 yards, they were amazed at the accuracy of the short barrel at those distances.

Jeff....
    Good judgement comes from expierence, which is usually the result of bad judgement. Learn from the experience of others, since it's a lot less painful than gaining it all on your own...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast