410/45

Thread: 410/45

1. Cool 410/45

What do you think? is it good to cary on a Bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    I don't know. But when I was thinking of buying one, I saw lots of reviews that said the 410 was only good for killing snakes at 7 to 15 yards.

Or birds on the wing in the woods. I thought this was an awesome survival gun. Kill anything from bears to birds. Unfortunately, this COMMUNIST STATE of assachusetts won't let us own one. (why isn't there a middle finger smiley?)
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

While I don't own one yet, they are pretty popular here in the desert.

I've fired several versions that my friends have brought to the Boulder City outdoor range. We were firing them at clay pigeons placed on the berm. The "pattern" is very large at ten yards.

The only comment worth passing along is to make sure you buy the version(s) that can handle the 3" rounds. They're not that much heavier and the ability to put more shot in the air seems worth it.

I spend a lot of time in the desert. Around here, we have the Mojave Green Rattlesnake...a nasty critter. I currently carry a revolver on my hip loaded with snake rounds. That can do the job when you can't just back away. However, I can easily see that I'll be purchasing on of these mini-shotguns in the near future.

6. Thanks to all for the responce , I believe I'll just have to get myself a early christmas gift.

45/410

I have a Taurus Judge in .45/410. Kicks like a mule, but still manageable. The .45 long colt round is fairly accurate, the 410 shotshell in 000 buck works well at 7 yds. But the PDX is what I keep in this at home. Awesome power in this round. Going to my cabin up north soon, and will be shooting some pumpkins .

I have a Bond Arms Century 2000, 410/45 that I carry in a right side shoulder Holster when on my Motorcycle, its loaded with 410-000 Buck 5 pellet in one barrel and 45 LC in the other. I figure it will give me time to get off the cycle then I have my SP101-357 Mag in my belt. I also use it to shoot Snakes in the Pond. I have a 22 LR Barrel and ordered a 3 1/2" 357 Mag Barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
    You can carry anything. Bike has nothing to do with it.

Unless you are wanting to know about firing from the bike

I carried a 410 snake charmer in a sheath on my bike for years and fired it while moving on several occasions. The bike does react to the recoil.
    Not so mush at 12 or 1 o'clock but 2,3,4,5 and 6 o'clock you get bike reaction.
    The faster you are going the more the bike moves.

The first time I fire my 410 from my bike,doing about 65mph, it surprised me and I had to drop my weapon to get control of my bike. But after that, I knew what was going to happen and had no problems.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    You can carry anything. Bike has nothing to do with it.

Unless you are wanting to know about firing from the bike

I carried a 410 snake charmer in a sheath on my bike for years and fired it while moving on several occasions. The bike does react to the recoil.
    Not so mush at 12 or 1 o'clock but 2,3,4,5 and 6 o'clock you get bike reaction.
    The faster you are going the more the bike moves.

The first time I fire my 410 from my bike,doing about 65mph, it surprised me and I had to drop my weapon to get control of my bike. But after that, I knew what was going to happen and had no problems.
    I'm curious, what are you shooting at while riding a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    I'm curious, what are you shooting at while riding a bike?
    Well we probably shouldn't discuss that.

I plead the 5th.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)