1911 Group - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1911 Group

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    The RIA 1911 .45 start at around $350. No such thing as a cheap Colt 1911 though.
    Yup, they are not cheap. Great 1911's though. My Colt Officer's ACP even being a used gun will still fetch between $800 to $900 perhaps more here in MA. Can't get 'em here new in MA anymore since the AG's list came about...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yup, they are not cheap. Great 1911's though. My Colt Officer's ACP even being a used gun will still fetch between $800 to $900 perhaps more here in MA. Can't get 'em here new in MA anymore since the AG's list came about...
    What about a S&W 1911? Made there even.

All great posts on the 1911. I use a Citadel. Mine is $525 and out of the box has a fine trigger, uses mil spec mags and after 1,000+ rounds, narry a malfunction. If you are facing a situation of extreme duress, my best advise is show no fear, hit that SOB where it will hurt, and then pull your gun. I define extreme duress as having a grizzly on your back. Everything else is just a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    What about a S&W 1911? Made there even.
    AMEN!! Yes they make great 1911's, however they are somewhat expensive. I don't think they have an offering for under $800.00 (actual selling price)...

I was looking at one (1911ES model sale priced $980.00) when the offer to trade a non firearm item I had for a Colt pre-ban AR15 (that was test fired only) came along. I was kinda holding out on the trade deal and the Colt Officer's ACP was added to sweeten the deal... I took the deal...

I'm still looking for a full size 5" 1911 and have had my eye on this one...

Will see what the next year brings...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

i got a springfield 1911 ultra compact. Picked it up used with 3 mags and a galco IWB holster for 500. Single stack and 3.5" barrel make for a nice CC

7. M1911 Full size

I own a RIA M1911A1 that I bought for a good price. I have just barely broken it in I have to say I did have a few FTL with the original clip. But purchased a McCormick mag and that problem went away. It's the black oxide Mil-Spec. I have added a Hogue finger grip insert that goes behind the wood grips and makes it easy to grab in the dark. Now that the gun is broken in after 100 rounds it has not even FTL 1 round. Now I'm looking for a compact and judging from the posts I have been reading from different web sites and this one. I think I'll go with a Springfield NIB. I have looked at Kimber, Colt and the rest of the high priced safe queens but according to most people Springfield in Mil-Spec seems to be the answer. Thanks for the information to all that have posted. I'll most likely be looking for clips in the other forums here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob54 View Post
    I own a RIA M1911A1 that I bought for a good price. I have just barely broken it in I have to say I did have a few FTL with the original clip. But purchased a McCormick mag and that problem went away. It's the black oxide Mil-Spec. I have added a Hogue finger grip insert that goes behind the wood grips and makes it easy to grab in the dark. Now that the gun is broken in after 100 rounds it has not even FTL 1 round. Now I'm looking for a compact and judging from the posts I have been reading from different web sites and this one. I think I'll go with a Springfield NIB. I have looked at Kimber, Colt and the rest of the high priced safe queens but according to most people Springfield in Mil-Spec seems to be the answer. Thanks for the information to all that have posted. I'll most likely be looking for clips in the other forums here.
    McCormick makes some of the best mags. Dad has 2 for the Colt Special Combat Gov't Model .45, I have 3 for my modified Colt MKIV Series 70 .45. Never had a FTF in either gun when the mags were brand new. But 4 Kimber mags for the 1911 ARF22. All were bought used but his Colt cost me the most. Springfield makes a nice one. Dealer about 35 miles from here had 2 last time I was there. But I had my eye on a Randall Service Model they had in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by GA Gunsmith View Post
    All great posts on the 1911. I use a Citadel. Mine is $525 and out of the box has a fine trigger, uses mil spec mags and after 1,000+ rounds, narry a malfunction. If you are facing a situation of extreme duress, my best advise is show no fear, hit that SOB where it will hurt, and then pull your gun. I define extreme duress as having a grizzly on your back. Everything else is just a gun fight.
    May not be any Grizzlies in your area but the Black Bears are getting more brazen in Ohio.

10. 1911 Group

You can pick up a Springfield M1911A1 for around $500. Or a RIA I know they have a bad reputation but most people haven't fired one. I own one and its been a great gun. It eats any form of bullet i've tried without any FTF's Sarcoinc has them on sale right now. Some folks don't remember that they were once of the makers for the military during WWII. They are a mil-Spec but easy to adapt to Kart. I find that most folks that buy Kimber and Colt put them in the safe just to look at them once in a while.

11. I have a Citadel in the compact size. Just bought it. $400 I can't understand why you would spend $1200, for a Gun that works just as well as a Kimber or Colt at 15-30 ft sure they are pretty. But the object as I see it is to save you behind. Not show em how pretty your protection is. I also own a 1911A1 Rock Island it's a well made gun in mil-Spec. Little over $400 for that one too. Still not up to the price of one Kimber yet. They accept the same replacement parts with little or no fitting.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast