1911 Group
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1911 Group

1911 Group

Anyone know how much an average 1911 would cost? Im looking into getting one, but the cheapest I can seem to find is roughly 800-1500.00 I already carry the M&P 40 but would like a second option.

Any suggestions as to where I could get a cheaper one here in Michigan?
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

3. Springfield Armory:
    GI $500-600
    Milspec $600-700
    Loaded around $800
    TRP $1400-1700
    Professional $2600

All depends on what you wont, quality only hurts once.

Grant
    Never give up!

I was looking for a GI a friend has one, I shot it a few times, I was surprised it was more comfortable than it looked, lookin to get one sometime soon. The dont come with double stack mags at all do they? [I mean any particular model]
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    The dont come with double stack mags at all do they? [I mean any particular model]
    Para ordinance makes a hi cap 1911 that's a double stack mag. The thing is in 45acp it's makes the grip very large.

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    Para ordinance makes a hi cap 1911 that's a double stack mag. The thing is in 45acp it's makes the grip very large.
    I had that one in my hand at one of the local places here and was turned off by the grip size. I like the single stack profile in a 1911. My M&P45 is a double stack, but the grip is really comfortable...

Springfield Armory has some budget priced models that get good ratings. Rock Island Armory has some as well. They are out there keep looking.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Thanks guys. I think after hearing the grip is just too big, Ill probably just stick with a single stack 1911. In any case, if I ever have to use it a 1911 will probably ward them off, if not, cock it and let em roll.
    Ill have to check more into the Springfield Armory models and Rock Island.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks guys. I think after hearing the grip is just too big, Ill probably just stick with a single stack 1911. In any case, if I ever have to use it a 1911 will probably ward them off, if not, cock it and let em roll.

Thanks for the help.
    The RIA 1911 .45 start at around $350. No such thing as a cheap Colt 1911 though.

Thanks for the help.
    Just an observation, based on your comment "cock it and let em roll" You seem unfamiliar with the 1911. You should carry it "cocked and locked" that is with a round in the chamber,the hammer fully cocked and the tang safety engaged. that is how is is designed to be carried. Before using ANY weapon get some qualified training. I daily carry a Springfield XD in 45ACP. It is a double stack mag and the grip fits my hand just fine.
    "A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OZ 1911 View Post
    Springfield Armory:
    GI $500-600
    Milspec $600-700
    Loaded around $800
    TRP $1400-1700
    Professional $2600

All depends on what you wont, quality only hurts once.

Grant
    +1 on Springfield Armory. I have a GI and carry it daily. Probably have a thousands rounds through it with no issues. ONLY bear is it's big for CC. I CC SOB or shoulder with a modified Miami nylon holster. I have the size to accommodate , 6' at 230 Lbs. Some may not have the girth.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

1911 - helpful links

Quote Originally Posted by MA Duce View Post
    Just an observation, based on your comment "cock it and let em roll" You seem unfamiliar with the 1911. You should carry it "cocked and locked" that is with a round in the chamber,the hammer fully cocked and the tang safety engaged. that is how is is designed to be carried. Before using ANY weapon get some qualified training. I daily carry a Springfield XD in 45ACP. It is a double stack mag and the grip fits my hand just fine.
    Not answering Itstjs's question, but just tagging along with MA Duce to give the OP more 1911 information:

BTW, I don't know if Itstjs intends to carry this 1911, but many forum posters recommend that for self-defense you choose guns that are similar in terms of how they function. For example, you may not want to switch back and forth between a 1911 in condition one (which is probably the best way to carry it) and an M&P which is a striker fired DA/SA. In one you have to release the safety in order to use your weapon; in the other you just pull the trigger. God forbid that under stress you forget to release the safety?

It makes sense to me: when under extreme duress you don't have time to think--you just react. Therefore, you should practice practice practice (did I say it enough times?) with the firearm that you intend to carry.

Good luck in finding a piece that fits you, Itstjs.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast