Hassled at Bass Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hassled at Bass Pro

Sounds like the "plausible deniability" situation that I talked about earlier. Many businesses have similar policies for "liability" reasons. Some may think it's "stupid", "doesn't make sense", etc., but I've actually seen legal cases (I'm a legal process server and usually read through the complaints before serving them) where businesses have been sued because someone felt "threatened" in the establishment and the business did "nothing" about it. I strongly recommend that if you're going to continue to shoot at that establishment, carry the guns you're shooting into the store in a case. Carry your concealed firearm as usual, do your shooting, and leave when you're done. If you need to shoot your normal "carry" gun, then use another gun as your "carry" gun for the day, and treat your normal carry gun as you would the other range guns.

Until folks stop suing people for "stupid" stuff, things like this will continue to happen.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Wow!
    The only range my BPS has is a bow range, for playing Indians.
    They don't have anything for those of us who like to play cowboys...
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

4. Glock, I'm sure you're right about it being a liability issue. I personally think it's stupid, but at least now I know what their policy is. It's just a hassell to wait in line at the range counter to have it locked and then again at the front door which is about 125' away. I'll comply.

I shot yesterday at pro bass, I carried my concealed in my waist ban as usual,check in my other guns. I shot my carry gun then reloaded my carry ammo put back in the waist and checked out. No hassles .
    If you served in any branch of the Military, THANK YOU

here in indianapolis, we don't have a bass pro but, at our local gander mountain, which doesn't have a range, they require guns going in to the gunsmith unloaded and bagged but that doesn't apply to carry permit holders, we're free to carry as usual. now, at the gunshop that has an indoor range, they won't allow any loaded weapons into the store. you have to leave your drivers licsense, enter the range and then load. my point is these are all private property. weither it's insurance or ignorance, it's their store-their rules . our voice and our dollars are all the influence we have, i applaude you for making your position known to the manager, even if it doesn't change the policy.

I had no problem with the Bass Pro shop in Las Vegas. I'll see what happens next time I'm there.

Maybe a letter to the corporate office of Bass Pro Shops will clarify if it's an individual store policy or a company wide policy. Sort of like the Wal-Mart situation.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. I think I'm done with it. I really just wanted to know the store policy. It is private property, and they don't have a policy against CC. The least I can do is try to be respectful. Besides, they are the cheapest and nicest range around. I probably just won't tell them even if I do shoot my carry gun. I'll let them lock up my rimfire. That way they're happy and I'm protected leaving the range.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12