Family: New Jersey man serving 7 years for guns he owned legally - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Family: New Jersey man serving 7 years for guns he owned legally

I bought an RV this past summer as well as a large travel map. I put red hash marks in the states we would not drive thru or visit.... Cali, Ill, NY, NJ

NY has the same potential to ruin a gun owners day... I have a family summer home in NY and can't bring my pistols over the border. NY will not issue any non resident permits/licenses...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by mshean View Post
    Good job! Now follow up with a call to their Chamber of Commerce and State House. EVERYONE should!
    The only thing I give New Jersey is the rubber from my tires and the exhaust from my car engine. I might give them a few phone calls as you sugested though. Thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    FWIW, when I travel to Connecticut from South Carolina, I do not stop in New Jersey, EVER! I make sure I have a full tank of gas when I leave Delaware, have my required compliment of chips and soda, and will not need to make any pit stops. New Jersey does not exsist to me except as a highway between Philly/Delaware and New York.
    You should atleast stop and take a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    You should atleast stop and take a dump.
    OK, That was funny.

New Jersey law claims you have the right to transport handguns unloaded and locked, to a shooting range or another place that would apply as "lawful" at the end of your (direct) journey. However, you basically can't prove you were driving to the shooting range with your handgun if the officer does not want to believe you, short of being pulled over in the range parking lot.
    New Jersey is a totalitarian state and Mr. Aitken found out the hard way, even though he thought he was obeying the law.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12