Passengers can bring guns on Amtrak starting in December
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passengers can bring guns on Amtrak starting in December

Post Passengers can bring guns on Amtrak starting in December

Well it's not exactly allowing concealed carry, but it's a step in the right direction..
    What's up with the 24 hour notice.. That is not a requirement at airports??

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Well it's not exactly allowing concealed carry, but it's a step in the right direction..
    What's up with the 24 hour notice.. That is not a requirement at airports??
    It allows them time to make sure that there will be the ability to house the gun. Amtrak at this time of year has a severe shortage of equipment and would need to make sure the car would be able to handle it. Try finding a southbound room on Autotrain right now. Same thing will occure northbound in March.

The one time I used Amtrack I almost expected to see Fred Flintstone riding the train I was on. Amtrack is that much of a dinosaur, IMHO.

With that said, it is good to see that you can now transport firearms when traveling via Amtrack.

This is definetely a step forward fellas, right now it seems anyhow.

Unless they have improved their service ten fold it is still dark ages transport. But it is good to see they are making accommodations for gun transport. Now if they can just ensure your weapon will not be obsolete by the time you finally arrive........
    "A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, signed a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by MA Duce View Post
    Unless they have improved their service ten fold it is still dark ages transport. But it is good to see they are making accommodations for gun transport. Now if they can just ensure your weapon will not be obsolete by the time you finally arrive........
    Yeah, I had one of those Nate Slate Birdlock pistols. It uses a woodpecker who's beak strikes a percussion cap which ignites the powder charge. Instead of pulling a trigger, you give a tug on the woodpecker's tail feathers. I shipped it via Amtrack and when it arrived to my destination, the woodpecker was dead. As if that wasn't bad enough, I can't find anywhere that trains woodpeckers to opperate Birdlock pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The one time I used Amtrack I almost expected to see Fred Flintstone riding the train I was on. Amtrack is that much of a dinosaur, IMHO.

With that said, it is good to see that you can now transport firearms when traveling via Amtrack.
    If you've never ridden in the last car of the train going down the NE Corridor at 115 NPH you've missed all the fun.

Quote Originally Posted by S&W645 View Post
    If you've never ridden in the last car of the train going down the NE Corridor at 115 NPH you've missed all the fun.
    last time i took it, i went down to SIU from chicago.. on the way back, i guess i was talking to the right person who knew the conductors... we were in the back car with the door open... door was open cause we needed a way to get the smoke out lol
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

handgonnetoter Guest
    I can dig it. Now, as long as one a$$ does not ruin it by doing something stupid, we will be good to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast