Another one(BG) bites the dust.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another one(BG) bites the dust.

Another one(BG) bites the dust.

Check this story out.Be sure to read the comments,too.As of when I read it,ALL 17 comments were ones any of us would be proud of.I,of course did not see this on the evening news,but at least the Chronicle was not too left-wing-biased to print it.Kudos,Houston Chronicle.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/5527081.html

Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Ahhh...a little more chlorine in the gene pool! Don't you just love the alleged liberal spin on the article...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

4. I hope there are no charges brought against Procter.

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

at least this one got "some" media... it's like they are trying to hold the good guys back.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The shooting will be referred to a Harris County grand jury.
    That's downright scary...

...attempted to rob Procter in a parking lot...
    I've said it before in more than one thread. This is why I carry a gun to the movies, to the store, etc. It's the parking lot. I'm not very concerned inside an establishment (other than 7-11's, etc.) In a mall or wherever, your odds of being a "target" are small. But, I have to tell ya, I don't wear my Keith Moon (drummer for the WHO) target shirt anymore! :D

As for the victim/shooter: He allegedly had a concealed weapon permit. Even so, there's always the possibility that he could catch some flak. (This goes for any of us, right?) Then again, dead victims catch no flak. Isn't this why we carry? And sites like USA Carry give us a sounding board, a place to glean from others and Hope!
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

Maybe some of the BG's will read this. I do think some are slowly learning you never know who you are messing with. I think it is obvious, to us anyway, the states that allow concealed carry have a lower violent crime record. They should make articles like this required reading in our prisons.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

you know what would be interesting to see? just think if all the media would accuratly report each incident of who committed a felony and who stopped one. WOW! maybe people would say "that really does work"
    " GRIZ "
    CCW
    NRA LIFE
    GOA
    Katie Couric, while interviewing a Marine sniper, asked:

'What do you feel when you shoot a Terrorist?'

The Marine shrugged and replied,

'A slight recoil.'

Danny P. (Dan) Creed

Quote Originally Posted by grizlybear45 View Post
    you know what would be interesting to see? just think if all the media would accuratly report each incident of who committed a felony and who stopped one. WOW! maybe people would say "that really does work"
    they wouldn't have enough paper or time to report how often that a gun in a good guy's hand stops a bad guy from doing something stupid. we only get to hear about how they are in the bad guy's hands which is freaking dumb!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthed View Post
    That's downright scary...
    Maybe,maybe not.I am sure Mr.Procter is nervous.But I was told by a deputy sheriff that ANYBODY who kills somebody in the state of Texas goes before a grand jury.Even cops.That doesn't automatically mean jail time.The past few months there have been three or four cases of people shooting P.O.S.'s that have actually been reported on the evening news and I remember one in which it was stated at the end of the story that "no charges are expected to be filed."
    There's always hope.
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast