9mm subcompact search in on - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81

Thread: 9mm subcompact search in on

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by todbiker View Post
    not to sound ignorant, but pants or jacket pockets? It didn't seem small enough for pants pockets?
    Right front pants pocket w/pocket holster. Never had trouble w/clip ejecting either.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Budsgunshop is selling the M&P 9C (12 rounder) for under 500($454 last time I checked)they also have fullsize's for under 500.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Butner, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by todbiker View Post
    Held a few yesterday at a gunshop, the Kahr felt good but was a little heavy.
    Shot 4 models today at a range, the only models available were,
    S&W MP9c
    Glock 26
    Springfield XD9 subcompact
    Taurus PT111

    out of these, I liked the smith best, but a bit pricey
    It was comfortable in my hand with the extended mag, good trigger pull, good sights, and no malfunctions in 50 rounds

    the glock and the springfield felt too clunky for concealment, the glock was particularly uncomfortable in my hand with the standard mag. The springfield had the extended mag and felt better. To my surprise from reliability claims, both of these guns malfunctioned in less than 50 rounds and multiple times. Both stovepiped and misfed by ejecting the spent casing and not loading the next round. the springfield didn't lock back when empty on at least one occasion.
    All rounds with every weapon fired was two handed, so limp wristing it wasn't an issue. These were rental guns that could have used a cleaning and part of the issues could have been magazine related.

    The Taurus felt good in my hand and although I had a hard time with the sights shot the tightest overall group. I really had to aim high to get it to hit center mass, like 6"? The front sight was really thick too. The trigger pull was smooth double action and although not excessively heavy, felt very cavernous, perhaps not a bad thing in an adrenaline fueled situation. 50 rounds and no issues.

    Came away wanting the S&W, but considering the Taurus. I won't be able to carry daily because my CCP permit is a non-resident Fla. one and I don't have a CCP for my home state of Md. so I don't feel like I have to have one now, so time is on my side to find a decent deal.

    My reason for picking 9mm over .380 is economic as well as practical. I have a couple 9mms too big for CC, but I enjoy shooting them, so I'll always have ammo laying around and can buy in bulk. .380 is too expensive and one more caliber to have to keep stocked.

    This is just my observations and not meant to insult anyones choice in a CC weapon choice or preference in manufacturer. I'm still open to other models and certainly don't have the practical day to day CC experience of most members of this forum.
    Looks like you have narrowed it down considerably, good luck with your choice, whichever one it is. Don't pay all that much attention to some of the members around here when it comes to handgun selection, they all have their perferences and prejudices... LOL!
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

  5. wow! That's a great price

    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Budsgunshop is selling the M&P 9C (12 rounder) for under 500($454 last time I checked)they also have fullsize's for under 500.
    retail was $700+ on the S&W site, the store I shot at had it for $660.
    I'll have to check out Budsgunshop and see if I have any way of arranging a transfer through a local Md. shop

  6. Sigs are nice

    Quote Originally Posted by sbubrick View Post
    Sig is introducing a new compact 9 for a ccw. I heard it will be here for Christmas
    saw one today.... a model 250? it seems relatively small

  7. #16
    handgonnetoter Guest
    Don't everyone laugh at once here, but you might want to consider the Kel-Tec P-11. I have one and have almost 800 rounds thru it WITHOUT one malfunction. I keep it clean and the only aftermarket part I put in it was the steel guide rod from Kel-Tec. I ankle carry it, pocket carry it, or in an IWB holster. I had a PF-9, but did not like it. It functioned properly, but hurt my large hands when I shot it. It is not the only CCW pistol I have, but I would depend on it if I had to defend myself.

  8. like the full size models

    Quote Originally Posted by smudley View Post
    For what it's worth, I've shot hundreds of rounds through my XD9 SC so far and it has performed flawlessly.
    in fairness, it was a rental gun. Who knows how many rounds have been run through it or the last time it was cleaned. Magazines get worn and dirty too, so that could have had something to do with it.

    Regardless, for me it was too clunky for concealed carry

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by todbiker View Post
    retail was $700+ on the S&W site, the store I shot at had it for $660.
    I'll have to check out Budsgunshop and see if I have any way of arranging a transfer through a local Md. shop
    Yeah they will ship it to the FFL of your choosing. The price ($454 is the total cost) buds ships all of it's firearms for free! So it would be the cost of the firearm ($454 and the transfer fee your FFL charges (around here it's about 30 dollars) but some don't charge a fee. After you add the firearm to your shopping cart you choose a FFL on their list or add your own.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  10. sounds like a pretty good track record to me

    Quote Originally Posted by handgonnetoter View Post
    Don't everyone laugh at once here, but you might want to consider the Kel-Tec P-11. I have one and have almost 800 rounds thru it WITHOUT one malfunction. I keep it clean and the only aftermarket part I put in it was the steel guide rod from Kel-Tec. I ankle carry it, pocket carry it, or in an IWB holster. I had a PF-9, but did not like it. It functioned properly, but hurt my large hands when I shot it. It is not the only CCW pistol I have, but I would depend on it if I had to defend myself.
    Perhaps I'll run into another range that rents pistols and have the chance to try one

  11. oooh, that's very tempting

    Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Yeah they will ship it to the FFL of your choosing. The price ($454 is the total cost) buds ships all of it's firearms for free! So it would be the cost of the firearm ($454 and the transfer fee your FFL charges (around here it's about 30 dollars) but some don't charge a fee. After you add the firearm to your shopping cart you choose a FFL on their list or add your own.
    I'll have to check that site out and tax refund time is just around the corner

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 9mm VS .40 S&W
    By lukem in forum Handgun Ammunition and Reloading
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 11-06-2012, 04:15 AM
  2. How many of you work at a job at says no weapons on it's grounds?
    By S&WM&P40 in forum Concealed Carry Discussion
    Replies: 117
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 02:05 PM
  3. Police push for warrantless searches of cell phones
    By festus in forum Politics and News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 08:42 PM
  4. Smallest 9mm
    By utimmer43 in forum Handgun Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 02:43 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast