Anybody carry a Colt Defender

Thread: Anybody carry a Colt Defender

Anybody carry a Colt Defender

Had one a year ago, but it was so damn pretty, I was afraid of scratching it and ended up selling it when I got Kahr fever.

Since it was cold, snowy and windy today I walked around with a Glock 36 to get used to it again. Then stuck a full-sized 1911 in my waist for a few hours and it was actually more comfortable than the 36. Got me thinking about a compact 1911 again. Thoughts on carrying the Defender?

Carried it a while last winter, but again, fear of scratching made me put it away. Think I'm over that now.

The one pictured has been my daily carry gun for about a year now. .45 cal in a Galco Sto and Go IWB holster and I haven't scratched it yet. I don't see how that would happen as long as it stays where its supposed to. I am extremely happy with mine.

I carry mine with CT grips in a Hume IWB holster extremely pleased with it!

I don't have a Colt Defender but do carry a Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II. It is very comfortable to carry and I don't worry about the holster wear that may show up as I bought it for a carry gun not a safe queen but that is just me.

I carry one occasionally (EDC is a Glock 23). I love the gun and the way it shoots, just don't like only having 7 shots vs 13.

The Defender is an excellent firearm...IMHO.

There is a recall notice (7.6.09) that you can download (PDF) here: Colt Firearms Catalog

I've included a screen shot below of the page with the Defender serial numbers that are affected by the recall. It's a simple fix that you can do when cleaning the weapon...Colt will provide the new parts.

I have a Colt Officer's ACP that I carry from time to time.

I've been carrying the M&P40c more lately since I've been replacing some parts & springs on the Colt and need to prove it dependable as a carry piece again. I would love to get the new Colt Defender, but the anti-gun Nazis here in MA make it difficult...

You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..