Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

1. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post

Gun control or the lack of it simply has no impact on the crime rate.

Asserting so either way is giving your opponent an achilles heel.
    I was going to refer you to the CATO institute, or John Lott, or the FBI statistics, but I looked at some of your previous posts and realized that:

1. You like to stir the pot,

or

2. You work for the Brady Bunch or similar anti-gun organization,

or

3. You are a troll.....

Have a nice Day....
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    No, I would not feel safer. Nevada requires you to actually show a minor amount of competence with a firearm before recieving your permit. Ive met people who volunteered for the military who were SERIOUSLY afraid of guns If those kinds of people were able to carry without any kind of training........You get the idea.

Now flip the coin, there are always those who have had guns their entire lives who would be able to handle the responsability.

Here in Northeastern Nevada? Only the tourists would bother me.
    My way is not better, it is just mine, your way is not better, it is just yours.
    Carry what your comfortable with, there is no "Supergun" Carry how your comfortable, open or concealed, so you have it with you when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by marlin.357 View Post
    I was going to refer you to the CATO institute, or John Lott, or the FBI statistics, but I looked at some of your previous posts and realized that:

or

or

3. You are a troll.....

Have a nice Day....
    Hate to break your heart Marlin but according to the CDC nogods is absolutely correct

Wait, wait , wait, I said that wrong. According to the CDC no gun law ever passed has had a negative impact on crime is what I meant to say I read nogods statment wrong sorry
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

As I stated in a previous post, when I see someone with a gun in a holster, in California (and that's not very often) I go into defense. That is NOT to say I am going over the top. I just stay alert. That's all, alert. To me that is a defense mode.

Driving down a 2-lane highway at 65 mph I am always alert, and go into defense when I spot an oncoming vehicle swerve, just a little, toward the center line. There have been many times that being in defense has saved my life in what would have been a head on collision.

I feel it is much safer to act rather than react.

I have never had to act when seeing someone with gun on their hip.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiastic a response.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with, with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    I, for the most part, trust others - that can legally own a firearm - when they are around me with their guns. If I did not trust them then I would be wrong to expect them to trust me while carrying. There have been some times that I have ran across a person that I would not trust to have a gun around me, and in that case I just stay away from that person and don't make much of a fuss over it. I personally don't have a problem with the permit system - don't all of you shoot your flamming arrows at me here, because I know most people on this forum hate the system - just as long as it is done correctly and fair. I do feel as though it is really none of the governments business what I am carrying, or the police for that matter - to a point. If my daughter was at her high school and a person came in concealing a MAC-9 or something, then I damn sure would want the police or authorities to know about it. I am sure most of you parents out there would agree with me on that one. What I think most of us worry about is not that we have SOME regulation of firearms use, but that the powers that be will abuse those regulating powers and try to take them away or make it impossible to enjoy our rights. JMHO.

or

or

3. You are a troll.....
    or

4. All of the above.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

or

or

3. You are a troll.....

Have a nice Day....
    So you didn't like the facts I cited and your response is to attack the messenger.

The fact is that neither gun control laws nor lack of them has any effect on crime rates.

Ad hominem arguments don't change the facts.

And please spare me the adolescent "troll" assertions. We are way past the time when calling someone who disagrees with you a "troll" is of any significance. Except for adolescents. Who still think it means something. But that's because they aren't grownups yet.

A taste of your own medicine?

In God we trust, everybody else keep your hands where I can see them.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I will trust you till you do something to lose that trust. So seeing people on the street with guns or at the shooting range does not bother me. Now just cause I trust them to have a gun does not mean I trust them enough to give them my bank card and pin number.

As I get feelings when I see people that are up to no good and if I chose to ignore them and continue walking towards the threat it should not surprise me when I am attacked. The gun on someones waist is not what people should be fearing, what they should be fearing is the persons intentions.

With that said If I did not have my gun to defend myself, I would be afraid of the unknowns and leave the area. As I know that having my gun gives me a since of security that If attacked I have a tool that if used properly could stop the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    In God we trust, everybody else keep your hands where I can see them.
    +1 on that. I trust anyone with a gun in their hoslter as long as they keep it in the holster. The problem with this at gun shows is that no matter what there is going to be a lot of those guns being removed from the holster some time during the show.

As for the question about more or less safe I really have no idea and even if everyone is allowed to carry very few are going to (Alaska much more than Vermont for obvious reasons) so we can't make a full decision. I have often thought about the following situation. You have a bar, not a rough one but your average one with a few pool tables and more beer than hard stuff, a Friday night about 1:00 am and about 40 people, most with more than enough alcohol in their system and all with a gun on their hip. All of a sudden a shout is heard #%$^$#&%^ ^R^$3 and a gun is pulled by someone. Doesn't matter who pulls it but someone yells "Don't shoot".

Describe then next few minutes. Remember everyone is armed including the bartender and bouncer and it is about 1:00 am.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast