Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

I trust most people with a Gun in their Holster, show and tell will get some one killed, as always, with what someone thought was a unloaded Gun. I know a lot of Cops and some of them should have never been given a Gun. You can go to all the training that's out there and if you don't have common sense, I'll never trust you with a Gun. NavyLt should know what I'm saying, there are a lot of people in the Engine Rm with NO common sense. My sister has a Doctor's Degree, but no common sense, I would not trust her with a Gun. I know people today, ex Cop's, that carry fully loaded 1911's, loaded Shotgun on passenger side in Car and fully loaded Rifle in the trunk. These people I don't trust with a Gun.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with, with a gun?
    People with firearms do not scare me UNLESS they are acting irresponsibly with them. Seeing someone with a pistol on their hip or a long gun slung over their shoulder doesn't incite panic in me. The same holds true for folks driving cars. I may keep an eye on you just because of the potential danger there, but no more than you do when walking across a parking lot and there's a car moving nearby. Driving a vehicle normally doesn't raise an eyebrow but start doing burnouts, doughnuts or other reckless behavior and you have my full and undivided attention because you just became a potential danger to me and those around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    I don't fear the average citizen on the street in a day to day situation because the vast majority of folks are oblivious to what's going on around them and are just focusing on what they are doing at the moment and their lives. I seriously doubt that if carrying a gun without a permit was to come to pass nationally that many would take advantage of it in their day to day lives. As lazy and self absorbed as most of the populace is, I doubt that many more, percentage wise, would take advantage of it.

That being said, I wouldn't foresee any change in my personal level of felt safety. The honest man on the street isn't the reason I carry a gun anyhow and the mere presence of a firearm is not going to suddenly change a honest man into some sort of danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiastic a response.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with, with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    Let me interject with a simple answer. I only trust other people (armed or not) as far as I can throw them. http://www.usacarry.com/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

5. i agree. safety class first and then, sure, ill feel safer knowing that the criminals know that 8 out of 10 civilians are carrying. Be careful who you mug. safety is the only issue there. The good people, the ones these gun laws screw over are not interested in hurting people and less likely to foolishly brandish there weapons.

6. Quote Originally Posted by oldbanjo View Post
    NavyLt should know what I'm saying, there are a lot of people in the Engine Rm with NO common sense.
    I went through pre-Iraq combat training with a Navy Reserve Chief Petty Officer (E-7) in my group. OMG... So we get to Iraq and get issued ammo for our M-9's. I'm watching him trying to load an M-9 magazine. First he tries to push the rounds in straight from the top like a rifle magazine. Of course that doesn't work. So then he turns the rounds around and tries to push them in from the top. Doesn't work.

Then I guess a very small and dim light bulb went off because he figured out you have to push the rounds in from the front. Only problem was he had the first round now turned around backwards and continued to insert the remaining rounds in the same way - backwards. I finally ended up loading his magazines for him.

He qualified on the M-4 range by him and another Chief going to the range by themselves, on the day after the rest of us qualified. Somehow there was a "mix up" on the scores of the two Chiefs and they might have "accidentally" been swapped.

The CPO in question left Iraq two weeks after we got there after he got fired from two different jobs.

7. Statistically, CCH holders are much less likely to get into trouble than the general population, or even LEOs. I trust the CCH carriers that I know, and the ones that I meet generally, but since you can't tell who has a CCH or not without some prior knowledge, I am pretty cautious around people with guns, at the range or elsewhere.

No. I don't trust other people with guns. But then again, I don't trust other people with automobiles or matches either. Why? I have been shot, I have been burned and I have been hit. It isn't paranoia, it is experience.

NavyLt I honestly would not have expected that from an (E-7). That's what I'm trying to say, there's a lot of dumb *****'* with Guns.

Did not read all the replies once I read gunsite's comments, which is where I wanted to go. I trust OTHER people with guns if they follow basic safety rules with firearms. I have seen too many people who haven't a clue about what they are doing with a firearm and I have seen too many bullet holes at ranges that are at locations that scare the hell out of me---these are the people I do not trust. I also shake my head a bit when I read threads and replies where the unbelievable anger and ferocity of their remarks scares the heck out of me when I realize they are walking around CC. This goes for comments about LEOs and some of the comments relating to 2A and their "rights". If they cannot control themselves sitting at a computer, how in the heck can they do it when directly interracting with others? IMO, and I am guilty of being a bit excitable, but when I am CC I make it a point of appreciating my responsibilty and change my attitude convincingly and completely. I do not know any of the forum writers I am referring to but surely hope they can do the same but it still scares me when I read their comments.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Did not read all the replies once I read gunsite's comments, which is where I wanted to go. I trust OTHER people with guns if they follow basic safety rules with firearms. I have seen too many people who haven't a clue about what they are doing with a firearm and I have seen too many bullet holes at ranges that are at locations that scare the hell out of me---these are the people I do not trust. I also shake my head a bit when I read threads and replies where the unbelievable anger and ferocity of their remarks scares the heck out of me when I realize they are walking around CC. This goes for comments about LEOs and some of the comments relating to 2A and their "rights". If they cannot control themselves sitting at a computer, how in the heck can they do it when directly interracting with others? IMO, and I am guilty of being a bit excitable, but when I am CC I make it a point of appreciating my responsibilty and change my attitude convincingly and completely. I do not know any of the forum writers I am referring to but surely hope they can do the same but it still scares me when I read their comments.

I am with you on some of the comments people make. I read too many comments on forums that lead me to believe that too many people are walking around looking for an excuse to use their weapon rather than an actual reason to have to use it. I realize that much of it is just Internet talk but there is one very well know case that demonstrates to me this exact mindset.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast