Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

Do you trust OTHER people W/ guns?

Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiastic a response.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with, with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I think that all goes with freedom, some would be worthy of trust with a gun, some would not, being cautious just like driving a car is always the best policy.

+1 what DougG said.

I can't and don't trust people whom I do not know, and that's part of the reason I carry......
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

6. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Do you trust other people W/ guns?

Frequently I see threads here about gun shops that restrict carry or gun shows or the NRA convention. It reminds me of a Pastor at a church I used to attend that used to ask Do you hate sin? and everyone would raise their hand then hed ask Do you hate your sin? not quite as enthusiastic a response.

Anyway I thought Id throw this out; In general do you trust other people, people that you dont know or people that do things that, while legal, you disagree with, with a gun?

How would you feel if the entire country did away W/ permits and just allowed Vermont carry? Would you feel more or less safe?
    good concept/question... i refer to the old saying "guns don't kill... people kill"

i know of and witness plenty of people who carry a weapon but lack a safety level of comfort for me. Lack of safety on a range or safety in general is enforced on a range, and i'll use Law Enforcement as a example and gun shop that i attended.

Safety should be a mind set at all times when you strap-on a weapon, and many people who've i seen lack that mind set IMO, yes their aware of safety when their on the range, but if someone isn't watching or enforcing safety they slip to recklessness.

My opinion has always been no matter which state it is, before a CC permit is issue, that person needs to go through a safety course and a use of deadly force classroom course in accordance with state laws/guide lines. I think every law bidden citizen should carry a weapon, but they should know what the hell they're doing, and why.

Those courses will install confidence and awareness in the CC holder.

In public I do for the most part. At a range not so much.
    For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan .When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours - Stephen Roberts

OK to go in a slightly different direction, If you saw a person open carrying ( not doing anything out of the ordinary just openly carrying a fire arm) would you freak or go on the defensive?

Of course the question assumes OC is legal in your location
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    OK to go in a slightly different direction, If you saw a person open carrying ( not doing anything out of the ordinary just openly carrying a fire arm) would you freak or go on the defensive?

Of course the question assumes OC is legal in your location
    You just had to go there, didn't you!

When I see someone else open carrying a handgun in a holster, the first thought that goes through my mind is, "There's a person that cares about their self-defense." I feel safer when I see it.

With one exception:

But, then again, those aren't holstered guns.

You just had to go there, didn't you!
    Yup

OMG my eyes will never be the same

11. I would feel more safe. Constitutional carry in Vermont Alaska & Arizona has (with very few exceptions) been very successful at reducing crime. Bring it on!
    If you change anything, you've changed everything...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast