Florida Gunman Shoots During School Board Meeting - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Florida Gunman Shoots During School Board Meeting

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I dont know about you all but I am getting a little tired of criminals not following the law on the carry and use of guns. Maybe we need to make a new rule or something.
    I agree wholeheartedly! We need a new law that outlaws "Criminals with Guns"! *LOL*

I first saw this late this evening, I was on lunch at a McDonald's that had a big screen TV onthe news. I do lunch there alot and they know me. When this story ran, the Manager, Asst. Manager, and 3 customers were watching it as well as I. At the end of the news report they said, "that's horrible, we need MORE gun conmtrol laws to stop that kind of thing from happening". I kind of laughed half-heartedly and when they looked around at me, they asked what I thought. This horrible event did lead to a great chance to educate some "sheeple". I told them to look at the common facts in the incident. This was on school property and was therefore considered a "Gun Free Zone" meaning that it was illegal for anyone to have or carry a gun but did that stop the "bad guy" from bring his gun? NO! Did any of those in the meeting expect this kind of situation before it happened? NO! Were they prepared for this event? NO! Could they have been killed? YES! Could they have done anything to have stopped this before the shooter took his shots? HELL YES! From this point, the conversation got more specific and relatable being that 2 of the 3 customers worked in the local school system here. By the end of the conversation, they weren't exactly clammering for everyone to carry in the school system but they did understand the benefits of having people authorized to carry so that a situation like this one, DIDN;T HAPPEN HERE! As for the McDonald's employees, they are used to seeing me carry all of the time so they weren't surprised by my POV. Some of them had friends or relatives that carried most of the time, would've been better had they carried all the time. *LOL* At least this ended without any innocents being harmed or killed.

I do not agree that the woman with the purse was a hero, in fact she not only risked her own life trying to overpower a much larger opponent but also ran the risk of further agitating what was already a disturbed person. In my opinion she risk her life as well as the lives of the board members. On the other hand from watching the video I see that the Security Guard waited for the sheeple behind the desk to clear themselves from the fire zone, by dropping to the floor. Once they were clear it wasn't 2 seconds before the threat was removed. The point isn't that he didn't kill him the point was he was smart enough to stop firing once the threat was down. I am positive he was still covering the shooter in case follow up shots were required. All I wanna do is shake the guys hand for a very proffesional job. Just my two cents.
    "Guns ain't marriage; we're allowed to be promiscuous with them." Massad Ayoob

Timberlake, North Carolina, United States
    I wonder now if they will say something about the security guard having a gun in school
    and that him having a gun is what caused everything to happen you know how liberals think

handgonnetoter Guest
    I was watching Hanity last night and they were covering this story. That damn Juan Williams said that there are just too many guns out there and that is why only the police should have them. This guy that did the shooting has a felony background they said and ol' Juan says "see, anybody can get a gun"! Hanity (sort of) set him straight that not "anyone" can get a gun, but the fact that bad guys will always find a way to come up with one no matter how much gun control you have. Damn the Liberals. They will not only bring us Conservatives down, but themselves as well.

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PDawg View Post
    I do not agree that the woman with the purse was a hero, in fact she not only risked her own life trying to overpower a much larger opponent but also ran the risk of further agitating what was already a disturbed person. In my opinion she risk her life as well as the lives of the board members. On the other hand from watching the video I see that the Security Guard waited for the sheeple behind the desk to clear themselves from the fire zone, by dropping to the floor. Once they were clear it wasn't 2 seconds before the threat was removed. The point isn't that he didn't kill him the point was he was smart enough to stop firing once the threat was down. I am positive he was still covering the shooter in case follow up shots were required. All I wanna do is shake the guys hand for a very proffesional job. Just my two cents.
    Hey PDawg, I like your avitar! How did you get your dog to stay still long enough for the snapshot?

Did anyone notice how the shooter set up himself for the first shot. He had his left hand in his pocket and brought the gun down from overhead to the target. Isn't that how bullseye competition shooters address the target.

I wondered if the shooter was an experienced shooter and had no intention of killing anyone, but wanted to commit suicide by cop. He missed all of his shots. Of course he could have been just a bad shot. However, since he was apparently a felon, he probably was not an experienced shooter, but the way he addressed the target sure looked familiar.

CapGun.

You took the words out of my mouth. I looked at the video and said the same thing about the woman, the superintendant and the wuzzification of every male in that room when the woman hit the bad guy.

then all males in that room except the super had there hands between there legs (clearly seen on video).

Why protect your ball when you have none. Sorry...had to say it.
    If your going to go out go out like a man.

10. I saw a clip on youtube yesterday, that is now not available as they pulled it off - it actually showed from the time he got hit in the leg, fell, returned fire from the ground, then shot himself in the head. I guess I can see why it was censored - it was the first time I have EVER seen this - ok, except for a movie - but damn.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    CapGun.

You took the words out of my mouth. I looked at the video and said the same thing about the woman, the superintendant and the wuzzification of every male in that room when the woman hit the bad guy.

then all males in that room except the super had there hands between there legs (clearly seen on video).

Why protect your ball when you have none. Sorry...had to say it.
    If your going to go out go out like a man.
    Yes exactly! Glad someone else saw and thought what I was thinking.
    I do have to say that the one male board member was a very honorable guy. He asked the gunman to let everyone leave because he was the only one that could sign the papers to have someone fired. That was the excuse given at the time by the shooter. His wife losing her job.
    That board member didn't react physically but he was brave enough to stay alone and try to resolve things. I also want readers to know I do not think "doing something" in that situation is about bravery. Heck, I'd hopefully "do something" out of fear. That would be to take action that gave me a chance and a chance for others instead of leaving your life up to the whim of the deranged shooter.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast