Guns for Christmas? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Guns for Christmas?

1. My wife ordered a Kimber Stainless Ultra TLE II for me. Can't wait for it to get here.
    She's Sweet, HUH???

Picked up at M44 Nagant and 500 rounds for my son. After 125 rounds he was done for the day. His mom is gonna be upset when she sees the bruise on his shoulder. He doesn't care about the bruise, there was a smile with each and every shot....

Santa didn't leave me a lot but he did leave my daughter a Taurus 605B2. I found it at a pawn shop at a reasonable price and took it out before Christmas to be sure it worked safely and reliably. Santa almost changed his mind and kept it. Santa figures it is the easiest gun for her to use as a first gun and later she can step up to a .357 by just buying some different ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Santa didn't leave me a lot but he did leave my daughter a Taurus 605B2. I found it at a pawn shop at a reasonable price and took it out before Christmas to be sure it worked safely and reliably. Santa almost changed his mind and kept it. Santa figures it is the easiest gun for her to use as a first gun and later she can step up to a .357 by just buying some different ammo.
    Glad you found a deal. Pawn Shops around here (Phoenix) are not as good as they used to be to find deals. Now you can get better deals online or regular gun stores. PLUS, I always wonder, I know they are checked out by the PD and are never criminal guns, BUT not knowing personally who owned it, makes me worry a bit. I have too many friends I can buy off of instead of pawn shops. I do like to shop them for other stuff, and if I came across a nice gun at one, I guess I might get it. In any case, I am glad yours worked out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daven View Post
    Glad you found a deal. Pawn Shops around here (Phoenix) are not as good as they used to be to find deals. Now you can get better deals online or regular gun stores. PLUS, I always wonder, I know they are checked out by the PD and are never criminal guns, BUT not knowing personally who owned it, makes me worry a bit. I have too many friends I can buy off of instead of pawn shops. I do like to shop them for other stuff, and if I came across a nice gun at one, I guess I might get it. In any case, I am glad yours worked out for you.
    Pawn shops vary just like people. Some around here I would be afraid to even walk in and others are as reliable as a regular gun store. This one checks out every gun they get to see if it was stolen because they want to stay in business. As for the deals they are few and far between as lots of the guns I see in there have an asking price over the MSRP or at least matching the price of a new one. Sometimes they won't even come off of thatr very much. Don't think that because it is in a pawn shop that it will be a deal but you can find a decent price sometimes especially on revolvers. Normal pawn shop buyers look for "glocks" more than revolvers.

the wife ordered me to look at the after christmas sales for a new (or used 30 06). I will of course obey her. santa usually has to wait till after christmas for his goodies happy new year

Quote Originally Posted by Safebustr View Post
    I told santa I wanted a Sig 238 and I think he might have listened...(here's hoping anyway)
    follow up, Santa delivered a tad late but he did deliver.
    Got the Sig on January 15th and it is SWEET, already sent 150 rounds down range with absolutely no problem.
    The recoil seems less than my Kel Tek p32 and it is very accurate (for a pocket pistol) now waiting for the RKBA pocket holster to arrive....

You did a great job with the old plinker, Im sure she really likes it.

One year, my wife gave me a Beretta 92FS for Christmas and 2 years ago, I gave her a Ruger LCP for Christmas. I've been known to give ammo to family and friends for special occasions, especially if it's hard to find.
    Daily carry: Sig P239 or S&W 3913
    High Noon Horsehide holster
    Black Talon ammo

11. I always put ammo on my christmas list. Birthday wish list too.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast