What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble? - Page 21
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 277

Thread: What if you saw a Law Enforcement Officer in Trouble?

  1. #201
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    A simple traffic ticket would the least of your worries in a potentially lethal encounter helping a LEO.

    And you never answered my question above, why is that?

    "I pretty much said what EM said, just shorter. You going to take him to task also? If not, why not? "
    Not sure who "EM" is. I haven't read every post on this thread but if "EM"'s views are similar to yours then I'll disagree with him/her as well.

    My idea of helping a LEO doesn't include persuing the BG if they take off running. I'm not going to chase somebody down the street, shooting at them as they go. That's the kind of stuff that gets you in trouble. My intent in such a situation would be to aid the officer until there was no longer a direct threat. If that means making the BG run away, fine. At that point my work is done.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  2.   
  3. #202
    The more of the responses I read the more it seems to me that we each view this scenario differently. I was viewing it as coming up on an officer in a gunfight, and joining him in returning fire. That I'm not going to do. I'm also not going to run a car off the road for an officer. If the officer is getting his @ss kicked then I may assist (I did not consider that scenario). I also didn't consider one like the DC sniper situation where several truckers blocked the shooter's car in so they were trapped until the police got there.

    I guess it more of depends on the situation. One thing is clear though - if my family is with me I am going to sure as he!! get them clear first.

  4. #203
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I work in the bar business. I've broken up more fights than you can imagine....
    Then you sound suited for getting physically involved if you have had that much fighting experience. Not everyone has.

  5. #204
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    Then you sound suited for getting physically involved if you have had that much fighting experience. Not everyone has.
    Good point but that's not a reason people are giving for not wanting to get involved. Not once has somebody said "I'm too small" etc., etc. I'm responding to the people who're saying stuff like "I don't want to risk it" or "I might get a ticket" or "Cops are scumbags and deserve what they get". These are people who apparently could do something but they would choose not to for, IMO, really weak reasons.

    Being a 5' 100lb woman is a very good reason for not jumping into the fray. Turning a blind eye because they don't feel like getting involved is not a good reason to me.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  6. #205
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    The more of the responses I read the more it seems to me that we each view this scenario differently. I was viewing it as coming up on an officer in a gunfight, and joining him in returning fire. That I'm not going to do. I'm also not going to run a car off the road for an officer. If the officer is getting his @ss kicked then I may assist (I did not consider that scenario). I also didn't consider one like the DC sniper situation where several truckers blocked the shooter's car in so they were trapped until the police got there.

    I guess it more of depends on the situation. One thing is clear though - if my family is with me I am going to sure as he!! get them clear first.
    I'm not joining a gun battle either unless I happen to already be in the middle of it for some reason. If I'm driving and I see a firefight between LEOs and civilians, I'm punching the gas, ducking down, and calling 911. When I talk about aiding an officer, I'm talking about helping in a fight or physical struggle of some sort....not something involving flying bullets.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  7. #206
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    ...I'm talking about helping in a fight or physical struggle of some sort....not something involving flying bullets.
    Because all fist fights NEVER have guns involved, right? There is so much unanswered, it may be a fist fight until you show up. You did see Indiana Jones right? You are right, helping by dialing 911 may be the best thing if you do not know the entire situation.

  8. #207
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by winnre View Post
    Because all fist fights NEVER have guns involved, right? There is so much unanswered, it may be a fist fight until you show up. You did see Indiana Jones right? You are right, helping by dialing 911 may be the best thing if you do not know the entire situation.
    Never?? No, but rarely at best. I've been in the bar business for 28 yrs. I've seen countless fights. I've never seen one where a gun is produced. It happens, just not very often. I don't believe it happens often enough to make me not want to aid an officer in trouble. If you want to make excuses on why you'd do nothing then go right ahead....just please don't complain if you, a family member, or a friend are on the losing end of a situation where others could have helped but chose not to.

    Do unto others.....
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  9. I can see there are a lot of cop haters out there. Some of you act like cops are the bad guys. I think the ones that hate cops so much do so because they keep getting themselves into trouble. Not all cops are bad. I have met some cops that are really nice and will go out of their way to help people (not just in emergency situations).

    If I see a cop in trouble, I’m going to help him/her as if he/she is a person in trouble. Being a cop has nothing to do with it (Cops are people too). Of course you have to be careful doing this when you have a gun strapped to your side (other cops are going to show up). If a cop is being choked out and the BG is going for the cops gun, the BG is going to have both his hands busy. A good blast with my Sabre Pepper Spray/Tear Gas and/or a good blow to the back of his head with the butt of my knife should take him down with no problem or at least free up the cop. Even a good punch to the guys temple may do the trick. I doubt that I would ever have to pull my gun.

    Most importantly, make sure your family is safe before trying to help. Have your family call 911, you will be too busy.

    If you say any of these you are PREJUDICE and I have no respect for you or anyone like you:
    I hate you because you are: White, Black, Mexican, Asian, Police, Cop, LEO.

    Everyone is a person and should be treated that way.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

  10. #209
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Inland Empire, CA
    Posts
    34
    Not rushing into a situation you know zilch about cannot be equated to hating cops. Geez.

  11. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by ID9mm View Post
    I can see there are a lot of cop haters out there. Some of you act like cops are the bad guys. I think the ones that hate cops so much do so because they keep getting themselves into trouble. Not all cops are bad. I have met some cops that are really nice and will go out of their way to help people (not just in emergency situations).

    If I see a cop in trouble, Iím going to help him/her as if he/she is a person in trouble. Being a cop has nothing to do with it (Cops are people too). Of course you have to be careful doing this when you have a gun strapped to your side (other cops are going to show up). If a cop is being choked out and the BG is going for the cops gun, the BG is going to have both his hands busy. A good blast with my Sabre Pepper Spray/Tear Gas and/or a good blow to the back of his head with the butt of my knife should take him down with no problem or at least free up the cop. Even a good punch to the guys temple may do the trick. I doubt that I would ever have to pull my gun.

    Most importantly, make sure your family is safe before trying to help. Have your family call 911, you will be too busy.

    If you say any of these you are PREJUDICE and I have no respect for you or anyone like you:
    I hate you because you are: White, Black, Mexican, Asian, Police, Cop, LEO.

    Everyone is a person and should be treated that way.
    ID 9mm,

    When a fight (LEO or any one, one on one is going on, it must, normally, go to the ground)
    Using the butt of a knife, or any weapon, ties your strong hand up. And has you pranceing about with a live blade.

    Find were the kidney is on a body map, there is one on each side, a good solid kick, keeps you off the ground, grabbing hold, has every chance of you hitting the deck also.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hollow Point Question
    By MateMike in forum New Jersey Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 04-04-2017, 11:17 PM
  2. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
  3. Travel to Ohio from MA
    By DickL in forum Ohio Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 04:07 AM
  4. Does CWP cover knives...
    By cha2ga in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:16 PM
  5. H 3003 In House Judiciary Committee
    By Red Hat in forum South Carolina Discussion and Firearm News
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast